Discuss What tile adhesive? And p/board prep in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

Eddm87

hi all.
Redoing bathroom, plan on tiling wall and full walls.
After a lot of research, I have found everyone does things differently!!

I’m dot and dabbing green plasterboard on walls and using floor backer on... floor.

Do I need to prep these surfaces before tiling? Is a primer or just go straight on?

Also any ideas on what adhesive to use. I keep hearing mapei is very good.
I def want to use the bagged stuff, not the pot or tin bits.
Lastly, do I need flexible tile adhesive? What’s the point in this stuff?

Thanks
Edd

B

Bill

Forget the green plasterboard and just use the normal one and tank the wet areas - that will save a few quid.

Prime all surfaces that are to be tiled.

Depending on what the tiles are made from, look for a C2 for ceramic an S1 type for porcelain. Any manufacturer will do as mostly, our choice as Pro's, is purely for the choice of which suits us.

W

WetSaw

Actually I thought the so called "water resistant" plaster board was blue, could be wrong

You are.....
20180223_231038.png
;)

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Ok wrong then, there is also pink which if extra fire resistant although I don't see how normal plasterboard is flammable.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
I was supposed to also say ( is) like this----
there is also pink which is extra fire resistant although I don't see how normal plasterboard is flammable. and I typed if my mistake.

I said extra because normal plasterboard does have fire retardant property's. We had an extension with some steel beams that had to be protected with red PB or two layers of normal 12mm PB

The green acoustic is more dense and heaver than standard PB. Its all coming back to me now as I also built an acoustic wall a while back.

Reply to What tile adhesive? And p/board prep in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks