Discuss What the hell is wrong with that NHS in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
As you know I was due an operation tomorrow for a hernia, everything has been planned, got all my work up to date, planned to have 4 weeks off to recover and have jobs booked in to go back to after..... Happy days.

That was until they have just rung me to inform me that it has now been cancelled :mad:

So now I'm Sat here with no work and every week that goes by means I have to push the other jobs back.... One of which is a new build which won't wait as they have to move in...
So All in all this will probably cost me the best part of 2 to 3 k..
And other countries are jealous of are NHS.....??
to say I'm pxxx off is an understatement..

B

Blunt Tool

Sorry to hear that, can’t believe they left it till today to inform you!! Should of put you private and paid for it!

W

WetSaw

Have to say I'm not surprised. My experience of the health service here has been excellent, also as Autonomo ( self employed ) part of your €280 pm social security payment goes to an insurance scheme so you can go to special private clinics for the self employed.

O

One Day

After my own similar experience (plus they bodged my operation) I would now insist that they carry out the operation at a private hospital (nuffield / bupa etc).
You can insist on that, usually by finding out which surgeon/consultant works there on an NHS basis and insisting on that surgeon/consultant.#
If you are booked into a private hospital, even as NHS, you are far less likely to face cancellations.

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
I've already waited 10 months for the opp!!

And I must of turned 10 jobs away last week because I couldn't fit them in next month....... Now I'm Sat here with sweet F/A to do.... :mad:

T

Time's Ran Out

4 weeks of Andy's days !!
You'll have the fittest dogs in the south.
Just think of how many jobs you'll get done around the house.
I just keep pushing mine back in;)

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
And to top it all off took the dog for a walk and he rolled in fox poo..!!
IMG_20170926_175854.jpg

Can this day get any worse!!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
At least you hadn't starved yourself and sat waiting in the hospital bed before they cancel on you - that's what usually happens

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
4 weeks of Andy's days !!
You'll have the fittest dogs in the south.
Just think of how many jobs you'll get done around the house.
I just keep pushing mine back in;)
Mine no longer goes back in..... Hence why I have to have the opp in case it strangulats........ Or believe you me I wouldn't bother either!!

Last edited:
O

On one

As you know I was due an operation tomorrow for a hernia, everything has been planned, got all my work up to date, planned to have 4 weeks off to recover and have jobs booked in to go back to after..... Happy days.

That was until they have just rung me to inform me that it has now been cancelled :mad:

So now I'm Sat here with no work and every week that goes by means I have to push the other jobs back.... One of which is a new build which won't wait as they have to move in...
So All in all this will probably cost me the best part of 2 to 3 k..
And other countries are jealous of are NHS.....??
to say I'm pxxx off is an understatement..
Yeah,I had that happen on two separate occasions a few years back.
But mine opp was only pushed back a couple of weeks with 2 months notice,so no harm done.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
The unfortunate thing hear is you blame the nhs, but it's a much bigger issue, and this kind of thing is only going to get worse. I know it's a kick in the teeth but it really isn't the fault of the nhs staff you will encounter, my Mrs is a nurse and believe me when I say it pisses them off more than it does you. But word to the wise here people don't rely on the nhs as it is unsustainable as a whole and this kind of shortcoming and oversight will only become more frequent infortunatly

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Where have I said it's the fault of any one individual staff member?
I know nurses etc do the best they can.
But who Who else do you blame if not the nhs as a whole.. .?
And believe me no nurse could be more pissed off than I am right now!!

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
I wasn't insinuating that you were blaming an individual sorry mate didn't mean it come across like that. And you'd be surprised some times my Mrs is in a right rage about stuff like this. A good nurse is so fixated on helping people, believe me when I say they do get just as if not more pissed of about it than anyone, I didnt realise just how bad until I started seeing her it's A lot more than just a job to them. Anyway sorry again I didn't mean it sound like I was having a go because I wasn't. And as for who to blame, sadly mate, the British public as a whole, they have dragged the NHS down, and will run it into the ground. The long and short of it is simple, too many people take far more out of it than they put in. It's there to help people with healthcare, but some treat it like a hotel, some like a drug store, some like a detox, some eexpect far more than is possible, some have never made a contribution in anyway shape or form, yet still demand top notch treat and service. 999 calls because someone has a cold, or trips to the GP because they feel a bit funny, a & e for a twisted ankle ect.. cost more than people realise. So blame Muppets that abuse the NHS, not the NHS it's self

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with that...
And add to that the free loading foreigners as well...... Bleeding it dry.
But this is what gets me, why do the nhs treat people that are not entitled to it.
No other country would without valid insurance.

O

One Day

It's been planned for years. Run the NHS into the ground, get it on it's knees to the point where the only possible way to save it is to sell it off to a US insurance fund.
Public opinion will be "ok" with it by that point.
It's been slowly privatised for years so far.
All the corporate terminology which has crept in. No longer patients, you are customer, clients and service users.
Like everything else now (think about waste collection for instance) it MUST turn a profit in order to keep it's obligations to the private service providers who have been let in.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
That may be true @impish , not so sure o4n the conspiracy theory myself lol, but it will become e private and I can see why. I'm no mathematician, accountant nor statition but even I can clearly see in this day and age, the numbers don't add up, like with most things, the ratio of earning to cost has changed dramatically since the NHS was set up, and the money in, co pared to money out is only going to keep sliding in 1 direction. The NHS was one of the greatest ideas and institutions of all time without a doubt, but it is unfortunately a dinosaur tring to survive in a world of robots

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
8.30 am Get a call to say the next available date is the 18th Oct.....!!
Tell them what a complete nightmare this is turning out to be, not shouting or being rude, just explaining what it's like when your self employed.
Then 30min later get another call asking if I've ate much today, which I haven't so I get told they have managed to squeeze me in......... So here I am Sat in hospital waiting for my opp......... Hopefully!!

Reply to What the hell is wrong with that NHS in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer