Discuss What SLC to should I use? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tommythetiler80

ive been asked to screed an existing concrete floor in a barn that will be used to host weddings and will receive a lot of heavy traffic , chairs, tables , bands ,high heels etc etc....the screed once I've laid it will be painted. I have seen that ardex k80 could be my weapon of choice, but I was just wondering if anyone has any more thoughts on what I could use or has any past experiences. I'm going to primeplus the floor beforehand or even go for the prime + grip. The area in question is about 175 sqmt.

T

Tommythetiler80

Sorry my thread should read ...what SLC should I use?
Had a screaming 2 yr old jumping on me :eek:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've seen K80 used outside a shop that sells K80 !!!! Very very hard wearing. It was used like a concrete base and it regularly had skips and trucks driving on it.

I haven't used it myself, but I would say that it is a good product.

I would say that most SLC's are not suitable as a finished floor surface, but it will say that in the technical spec.

T

Tommythetiler80

Yeah I've read that ardex k80 is paintable,I've not used it myself either, I use a lot of level flex from tilemaster and rapid level 30, both great products in their own right. I'd feel happier using what I know but if it isn't suitable for paint I reckon it'll be ardex

D

Dumbo

Ultra do a leveller suitable for floor finish . Ring their tech department to find what it is also ardex k301 might be worth a look but check with their tech department also

T

Tommythetiler80

Cheers mate ....think I'll be calling a few techies departments tomorrow :D

D

Dumbo

Cheers mate ....think I'll be calling a few techies departments tomorrow :D
It always the safest bet and if someone says they can do it ask them to send the specification that says this just in case they are having a funny five minutes . I have had manufactures say there product can do something then when I ask for written specification on how to do it they then refused to do this as they hadn't tested it .

T

Tommythetiler80

IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG
Update to this thread got the barn floor screeded today, used levelflex from tilemaster. 100 bags ordered 95 used ! I'm knackered :confused:

Reply to What SLC to should I use? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks