Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What size T spacers for metro style tiles (10cm x 20cm) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Graham

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys, I will be doing a kitchen splashback using metro tiles.

The tiles are 10cm x 20cm in size. Should I go with 2mm spacers or 3mm spacers? Grout is Mapei Keracolor Super Fine (SF).

Thank you.

:)

OP
G

Graham

TF
Reaction score
A.jpg
B.jpg

OP
G

Graham

TF
Reaction score
Metro tiles, 2mm spacers, Mapei Primer G (white emulsion will be scraped off first!), then Mapei https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and tiles.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
First thing is to get work top fitted dead level. Will make life easier

Is the sink centred to the two wall units left and right ?

What do you mean by internal corner trim

OP
G

Graham

TF
Reaction score
I'm panicking a bit now as I have a length of this, from Genesis, please see attached. Do I not bother using it in the internal corners? Shall I mitre the tiles instead in the corners?

Genesis Internal Corner Trim.jpg

OP
G

Graham

TF
Reaction score
Also, this is the external corner trim I have.

Shall I use that instead in all corners, both internal and external then?

I crossed out the wall on my atachment as that doesn't apply in my case, I will move the profile slightly to the right to sit flush with the left wall, if you see what I mean.

DIY gets me excited but when a pro says you doing wrong I start panicking! :(

Genesis Corner Trim.jpg

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
So with metros. Pick the centre of your main wall. Usually a cooker hood area. But in your case it’s a sink. If that is centred between the two wall units then find the center of that. Tile from that line off the counter top.

Reply to What size T spacers for metro style tiles (10cm x 20cm) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock