Discuss What size T spacers for metro style tiles (10cm x 20cm) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

I'd say 99% of metro jobs done by professional or diy get the tiles butted up in the internal corners same as any other internal tile corner and siliconed after.

Graham

TF
Reaction score
Great thanks. Mate is coming round on Friday to help fit the worktops, the base units are all level.

Do I need to batten, from the starting point, I am guessing no?
Also (and forgive me) do I leave the T spacers in the wall and grout over them or pick them out?

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
No batten. Tile off work top

Personally I use cross spacers. Stick arm in rather than flat in joint and pull them out when set

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'd say 99% of metro jobs done by professional or diy get the tiles butted up in the internal corners same as any other internal tile corner and siliconed after.

I see that often. What do you do? I prefer mitre or scribe. Gets rid of diamond effect

Graham

TF
Reaction score
These metros I am using have a subtle bevel that is roughly half inch on the outer perimeter of each tile.

In terms of butting the tiles together, do I use (A) or (B) joint at the internal corners?

Joints.jpg

Graham

TF
Reaction score
Haha, neither, just a hopeless idiot who can just about use a PC, but who always wants to try his hand at everything. :)

Good point re: A and B. Mitre is a no-no? It's partly why I bought that very Plasplugs tile cutter as I saw a video on YouTube which shows it can mitres and I went "oooooh, that looks good, I'll be doing that!" hahaha.

Graham

TF
Reaction score
My philosophy has always been "do it once, do it right, leave it. If you cut corners, it will come to bite you in the butt sooner or later!" Also it's my place, so it's in my own interest to get it right. And who better to ask then the knowledgeable chaps on here :)

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
My philosophy has always been "do it once, do it right, leave it. If you cut corners, it will come to bite you in the butt sooner or later!" Also it's my place, so it's in my own interest to get it right. And who better to ask then the knowledgeable chaps on here :)

I agree. However you question now really is about cutting corners ! :grinning:

Reply to What size T spacers for metro style tiles (10cm x 20cm) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks