Discuss what m2 of tiles would you be fitting on average in a day in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spacey

Reading a post just now it was stated that a good tiler could be fully booked up 6 months in advanced.
Obviously thats great but what I was wondering is how much work would you be getting through to be booked up that long Like what m2 of tiles would you be fitting on average in a day ?

I'm booking work for September now and on what I call a straight lay job I'd be expecting to prep and fit about 50m2 over two days and is priced per m2. Design work like border motifs and patterns is always estimated and done on a day rate.

Tell me ?

T

Time's Ran Out

The title needs to be able to distinguish threads that may have appeared previously with the same wording.
Thus ' vinyl floors ' could be ' vinyl floors prepared and 50 mts laid in 2 days' giving the reader more detail in the tags.
It also allows those of us who have no interest in that subject to completely ignore it!;)
But as usual I may be mistaken and we shall wait for @Dan to tell us.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We have that many threads that repetition is becoming problematic. And longer titles attract more replies.

So I'll change your thread title this once but then will just delete the thread if you use pointless ones in the future.

Have better things to be doing.

I

Italy

sorry,
I do not think much to those who say, booked for six months.
6 months ..... then next week, I'm home ....
or they have to do a job, "between" six months?

Or, booked for 6 months and in total work for three months.
They seem to just bar talk. (Here it is said so).
I, the sums, I do it at the end of the year.
ps. I do not remember where I should go to work tomorrow. :)

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Booked up for 6 months is dependant on circumstances I think in the domestic market it is ny on impossible to be solidly booked that far in front, but the commercial world it's a lot more possible, either way I wouldn't want to be booked that in front constantly, some of the best jobs I get are at a week or months notice, it leav3s the option to pick and choose more, I have stuff booked in for in 8 months time, and have a sh3d load to fit in for the next few months but always find time to get othe4 stuff in that if I want it, as for how many square meters a day, how long is a price of string, 700x 700 recitfied in a massive area laying mostly full tiles and no grinder cuts on a perfectly flat floor lots lol small bathroom full on boxing's windows pigeon holes trims pipes and bad walls, sod all lol hope that helps

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have a couple of weeks free in June and then that's it until August. Six shower rooms and kitchens to do after that but spread out over a few weeks.

Metres per day, well that's been debated side TJ fixed his first Victorian path, back in Victorian times, but it really varies job to job. As for vinyl fitting, a friend of mine, who is a vinyl fitter, and I did a downstairs area of 55m and I earnt a figure I could only dream of fixing tiles. Was hard work and lots of cuts, and I'm sure vinyl fitters knees and backs give up much earlier as well, as we tilers at least get chance to stand when we do walls.

Last edited:
L

LM

No set standard rates then really for that type of work, each job priced on its merits I presume?

Did you ever bother with commercial work with larger areas?

Reply to what m2 of tiles would you be fitting on average in a day in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks