Discuss What looks best in the shower? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Pritch

TF
Reaction score
Hi
What will look best for the back wall of my shower ? It's 800 mm wide and I have 600 mm wide tiles
Two 400 mm cuts or one 600 mm tile in the middle with a 100 mm cut either side ?
Thanks.

B

Blunt Tool

Hi
What will look best for the back wall of my shower ? It's 800 mm wide and I have 600 mm wide tiles
Two 400 mm cuts or one 600 mm tile in the middle with a 100 mm cut either side ?
Thanks.
Are you tiling the other walls

T

Time's Ran Out

What looks best?
Neither of those choices!
A 600mm tile in a 800mm shower is so wrong. Just my opinion.

W

Waluigi

Centre up the wall and look at having approx. 200mm on adjacent walls. This obviously depends on the rest of the cuts.

T

Time's Ran Out

I did try to explain this to my wife but she knew best. It's only the one wall so hopefully it won't look too bad.

Well that’s it then!
You’ve got to get on and do it. If it’s an 800x800 mm shower enclosure it does mean by getting a joint in the middle of the back wall and 400mm cuts the 200mm left followed around the corners leaves a 600mm tile to the door.
It’s just you need to make them look like 600mm tiles.

Pritch

TF
Reaction score
Well that’s it then!
You’ve got to get on and do it. If it’s an 800x800 mm shower enclosure it does mean by getting a joint in the middle of the back wall and 400mm cuts the 200mm left followed around the corners leaves a 600mm tile to the door.
It’s just you need to make them look like 600mm tiles.
Sounds a plan. Thanks

W

Waluigi

Hang on, how about centring up the back wall and having 200mm cuts on the other walls?!

It just came to me.

Pritch

TF
Reaction score
Not sure if it makes a difference but the two side walls don't stop at 800 mm . They carry on...only the door stops at 800.

Reply to What looks best in the shower? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks