Discuss What Glue Sticks Metal To Back Of Tile? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

gooty

I've got an access panel with magnets on each corner.
I need to glue galvanised steel corner brackets to the back of the porcelain tile that covers it.
Tried gorilla glue on a test piece, but it pulled off quite easily.

Does anyone know of a glue that will work?

G

gooty

Dampened it and the next morning it had expended into what looks like foam. Unfortunately, it couldn't get any grip on the back of the tile

T

Tile Shop

As impish.... Kerdi-fix will stick anything to anything (including a tile to a forehead - thats another story but involves our merchandising team and a practical joke on someone who fell asleep when they really shouldn't :))

But......

Just read up on Schluters version of the panel (REMA) and they just suggest using normal silicone.

S

Stef

Gorrilla glue would have worked but you need to wait till it goes off & probably clamp it somehow till it expands.

Reply to What Glue Sticks Metal To Back Of Tile? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks