Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What do you use to mark your tiles for cuts... in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
What do you use to mark your tiles with for cuts etc...do you use felt tips....lead pencils...china pencils.....what do you find best..??????

do you use different on mat and glossy tiles...etc etc.....

OP
B

bencurtis

all different depends on tile, but my sons crayon style pencils are good for wet cuts.:yes:

OP
R

Ric

i use lead pencil then score line with dry cutter, wet saw follows line nicely, but would like to know if there is anything better to use.

OP
G

GazTech

marking out..tile face

If snapping glazed tiles.ohp pens permanent, rub the mark off the tile if it is still visible after the cut....If the tile is satin face...pencil..(2 tiny marks top and bottom of tile)....Gaz

OP
G

ged

i ran out of marker pens on a job, but i bought a tipex pen from sweet shop and it worked great never lost the line in the wet cutter. Easy to buy when your miles away from a tile shop
ged

OP
G

grumpygrouter

i ran out of marker pens on a job, but i bought a tipex pen from sweet shop and it worked great never lost the line in the wet cutter. Easy to buy when your miles away from a tile shop
ged
Good tip that, bit hard on white tiles though!!:grin:

Grumpy

OP
P

penno

I always just use a pencil, even on dark tiles. Can always see it even if you use a wet cutter because it gives off that shine (providing you keep your water clean)

OP
C

cowboy

We use pretty much the same things herr in the states as you folks do over there.

I use pencil mostly & use the pencil/score trick as mentioned as well but the best thing I use for wet cuts on dark tile & most stone is a "White-Out pen" as found in office supply houses for covering up mistakes on paper? . Not sure what they may be called in the UK but Presto Ball point makes a version & I believe Bic too?

OP
P

penno

do you mean a tippex pen Cowboy? (what we call them here)

[DLMURL]http://www.paperstone.co.uk/cat_553-579-582_Correction-Pen-Inc-Tippex.aspx[/DLMURL]

Wipe off the tiles ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
V

Varley

I use ceramic markers from non other than Topps Tiles, they mark all types of tiles and don't come off in the wet cutter.

Reply to What do you use to mark your tiles for cuts... in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock