Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What do you use to mark your tiles for cuts... in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
What do you use to mark your tiles with for cuts etc...do you use felt tips....lead pencils...china pencils.....what do you find best..??????

do you use different on mat and glossy tiles...etc etc.....

OP
U

user123

you must still have some from your "right said fred" days Dave:lol::lol::lol:

oh, I don't know - when I bumped into him the other day I thought he still brushed up rather well .. :lol:

Dave iT.jpg

OP
L

Lodger

Hi. I use fine tipped cd marker pens most of the time. Think I used them from the time I started tile. I get them from pound shops or computer stores. They come in a pack with Red, Green, blue and black. I also bought some pencils from tile trader to try out, but think CD marker pens work good on wet cutters.

OP
U

user123

Hi. I use fine tipped cd marker pens most of the time. Think I used them from the time I started tile. I get them from pound shops or computer stores. They come in a pack with Red, Green, blue and black. I also bought some pencils from tile trader to try out, but think CD marker pens work good on wet cutters.

Actually, I just started using them as well, on glass, was worried it wouldn't come off but it does, very handy :thumbsup:

OP
O

One Day

Black, red and white chinagraphs or soft lead cartridge pencil.

Don't you hate winter when condensation forms on cold tiles and your chinagraphs don't work?! :mad2:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some threads in the tiling forum, don't worry if it isn't current discussion, just ignore the thread and it'll drop off the list quickly. If you do wish to reply to it, go ahead, that's fine too. Your input might be valuable and help a tiler out in the future.

Reaction score
If nothing will stick to the tile, put a small piece of blue painters tape where you want to make your mark. The tape gives you the surface needed to make your pencil mark and cleans up easy.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Jesus holy Mary.
This is an old thread I started way back in the day.
some really old names here 😳.
I still use staedler pencils for setting out and general matt finish tiles but now use the Pica marker pencil for gloss etc tiles.

Reply to What do you use to mark your tiles for cuts... in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock