Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss What do people think of this tilling ? in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. AngryBunny

AngryBunny Active Member

So I'm looking to get a bathroom fitter to do my ensuite.
    One of his previous customers sent a few photos of a bathroom he did for them. All were out of focus except the one below.

Am I being over critical in saying the tiles don't look evenly spaced ?

IMG_3930.JPG

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. callatiler

callatiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Joints don’t look very good on that photo

3. pdc

pdc Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

Have you advertised the job on here?

4. AngryBunny

AngryBunny Active Member

No I haven't.

Ideally I want a company / person which has experience doing wet rooms. It's hard to find someone who has positive reviews for this as well as tilling.

Perhaps I will advertise on here for a tiler (I didn't know I could to be honest) and ask the bathroom fitter to work with them.

5. pdc

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AngryBunny

AngryBunny Active Member

This is right, I'll have to just accept I've chosen another dud. At least he didn't do any work this time.

7. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler TTA Member Top Contributor

Plumber for the plumbing
    Tiler for the tiling .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. AngryBunny

AngryBunny Active Member

And how many plumbers know how to make a wetroom (not many from my experience).

9. Chalker

Chalker Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Cough!

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. pdc

At least there'll be one reply to the job advert....;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Localtiler

Localtiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

From that photo, avoid that that chap.
    You need to find a tiler first and foremost who’s good and clued up, and he will be able to suggest a good plumber who knows what he’s doing, that’s what I would advise! I’m sure there’s somebody on here who can help. What tiles have you chosen ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. AngryBunny

AngryBunny Active Member

They are Renaissance Ivory (Rectified, Glazed Porcelain), 300 x 600 and mosaic tiles for the shower area.

13. AngryBunny

AngryBunny Active Member

The bathroom fitter has emailed me to say:
    Not all tiles are equal in size and they are not all flat (only stone can be 100% the same size, but still not guaranteed). Depending on the size, type they can differ in size 0-2mm for porcelain tiles and with 2mm spacers even 0.5mm will be visible.

(I'm paraphrasing slightly as I don't want to copy the original text here)
    Here then posted links to these sights:

My tiles are the same but different sizes - https://www.nerangtiles.com.au/blog/my-tiles-are-the-same-but-different-sizes

Different size tile in the same lot - http://www.contractortalk.com/f73/different-size-tile-same-lot-90067/

My Tiles are Different Sizes - http://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/Tile-DIY-Info/Tile-Care/The-Tile-Doctor/Different-Sized-Tiles

14. Simon Dale

Simon Dale Professional Tiler

Stone 100% Lol. Try Basalt ! Put a level on a Granite top and look under it, not always flat. Uncle Rays tiles 99.999999% same size.

• Like Like x 1
  15. pdc

You've chosen rectified tiles, I take it you know what that means? Clearly that "tiler" doesn't!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Find a Tiler Post a Job Tile Events Tile Pics Blog Adhesive Poll Handy Downloads