Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What brand of tile scribe cutter do you use.? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi tilersforums.com members... 2012 has been a controversial year in regards who uses what brand of tile cutter.. ( scribe cutters)..

So let's update our polls on who uses which brand the most..:thumbsup:..

OP
C

charlie1

i use sigma now, used to use genesis. To be fair, the old genesis was an awsome cutter for 100 quid! The rails did bend a bit but it cut accuratly and never failed! I wish I had kept it for more decorative cutting as the view from sigma is not great

OP
A

astute1

I got my monolit imported to NZ especially, does everything I need and I love the way the measuring bar flips up out of the way and then down again to the same postion. handy for when you are cutting a bunch of tiles the same length and then need to cut a longer piece. Just flip it up, cut the long piece, then flip it down and carry on with your measured length.

Also goes 45 deg in both directions, well thought out.

OP
P

Perfect Tiling

I bought two montolits last year a big un and a wee un for small kitchen tiles. I like the easy set up and weight of them but some of the build quality is a bit dissapointing. I will keep them until they are past their best and look for something else. Whens the poll on wet cutters coming...that will be interesting!!!

gamma38

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Well it's a done deal, went to meet up with Bri earlier and swapped out my TX for his Sigma, I have to say I don't think I will miss the TX. I did have a play with the Sigma when I got back home and it is a great cutter, such a clean cut on everything I threw at it. I may be a convert like Dave............

OP
I

Ian

Told ya. :).

Bri being a traitor and that :) :)

I really wanted to be a Sigma lover but, it just wasn't for me. Maybe I went in too deep with a 90cm cutter, perhaps I should have started smaller. All I know is, I've got the full set of Rubi's now, I've only come across one tile they won't cut so, I'm Rubi to the core! I shall refrain from commenting on any Rubi/Sigma debates in the future :lol: (yeah right!). Having tried one I do get why people rate them so highly but, they aren't as good as the Sigma hardcore like to make out, or should I say, they aren't 10 times better than Rubi cutters. So to sum up, use what works for you, I can whole heartedly say I will never touch another Sigma, yes they are good but, the TX range is what I will be using to pay my bills :thumbsup:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I really wanted to be a Sigma lover but, it just wasn't for me. Maybe I went in too deep with a 90cm cutter, perhaps I should have started smaller. All I know is, I've got the full set of Rubi's now, I've only come across one tile they won't cut so, I'm Rubi to the core! I shall refrain from commenting on any Rubi/Sigma debates in the future :lol: (yeah right!). Having tried one I do get why people rate them so highly but, they aren't as good as the Sigma hardcore like to make out, or should I say, they aren't 10 times better than Rubi cutters. So to sum up, use what works for you, I can whole heartedly say I will never touch another Sigma, yes they are good but, the TX range is what I will be using to pay my bills :thumbsup:

spot on bri there at least 20 times better..:thumbsup:.....:lol:

Last edited:

craig89

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Rubi ts40. TM 900. Nuava Batipro 700. The Nuava is best for large porcelain. Although I quite often use the grinder with a good blade on the thicker stuff.

Reaction score
I've always been Rubi. Until my TR600 gave up last year i loved it! I brought the TX700 and too be honest i'm finding it a little "clumsey" for want of a better word.
I've just never used anything but Rubi, but i think i am going to start looking for something different soon.

I got the TX700 too and, and yes I dont really like it either, thinking of trying the sigmas.

Reply to What brand of tile scribe cutter do you use.? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock