Discuss What brand of Tile Cutter do you use Poll 2017 in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

Tile Shop

***I suppose we'll get it but this is not intended for the usual Rubi vs Sigma war.***

I can't find one so am guessing the last cutter poll on the forum was back in 2013 when I was still in nappies. :) There has also been a turnover of members, many of which are active but didn't have their vote back then.

Anyway, that had Rubi on top at the time and since then, I am curious to know what the shift has been, as I know a few were originally Rubi and have swapped to Sigma and never looked back (not so much the other way!) and another couple of brands becoming more available.

From the last poll I have taken out the ones that only got 1-2 votes so we can see the bigger names and some new introductions. But the option is still there for "other" for some of the rarer, less used machines that were there before.

Some of you will own more than one brand but we are looking for the one that is the most used from your collection.

So cast your vote and lets see whats happened over the last 4 years.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Sorry I am new here and couldnt find out how to vote but
Bellota
Keen DIYer
But now I think I need a new wheel and find I can no longer get them from my local supplier and they look to be a thinner shaft than Rubi et-al and come with a plastic spacer so you can use the wheel in your Rubi. So I do need a Bellota wheel and looks like ebay for that.

OP
Q

Qwerty

Sorry I am new here and couldnt find out how to vote but
Bellota
Keen DIYer
But now I think I need a new wheel and find I can no longer get them from my local supplier and they look to be a thinner shaft than Rubi et-al and come with a plastic spacer so you can use the wheel in your Rubi. So I do need a Bellota wheel and looks like ebay for that.

Voting options are at the top of the thread with a voting button

OP
B

Bill

Sigma, Rubi, Raimondi, Hitachi, Makita, Sayer, Raimondi and Belle and a cheeky Cintride scribe.

All have their uses.

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

Yes, I see that as every situation is different and that is why I use whatever is available/best.
every situation is unique, hence the multitude of choices, hence the Cuckoo's nest comment, but the big call is making the right call, time after time. I count myself lucky, I seem to have made that choice for over 35 years now, but hey-ho, the job I finished yesterday may come and bite me in the backside..

OP
D

Dougs Third Go

and that is nothing like what I posted in that post^^^^, some, a lot of text went missing..

Leader

TF
Reaction score
Im new to the tiling profession and i use Sigma also brought myself the mini montolit for the little metro tiles which worked out better than i thought.

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
How do find them, a local supplier has manual and wet cutters which seem solid tools.
Got to say I've had Rubi all my life until tiles got bigger and thicker. I then moved onto Tomocanic but they went bust when I needed a new big cutter.
The Siri Pro range is the best I've had. Nicely built all metal construction and almost every part is replaceable.

SiriPro 90 Manual Cutter | Tools & Accessories - emc tiles - https://www.emctiles.co.uk/product/siripro-90/
You won't find a better price than that. It doesn't include the repeater bar, that's another ÂŁ35

Last edited:

Reply to What brand of Tile Cutter do you use Poll 2017 in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer