Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What are you lot using for batons? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D hug

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
The plained 2x1 over here is junk. Thoughts onr 2"lengths from ply or something?

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
sheet of mdf plus rail saw equals lots of nice straight batons for very little money. Just cut outside and wear and mask

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Planed 2 x 1 if I have to, normally cut the bottom rows in first when ever possible.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Used to use a sheet of 9mm ply ripped down to 40mm strips, now I tile up from floor first

O

One Day

I prop my batons rather than fix them, so by adjusting props you can get away with banana shaped batons.
Larger format; I don't baton. Just go straight up.

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used to use plained timber but I would be stood in B&Q staring down the lengths to find the straightest like a right weirdo. Now i just get my line up and cut to it adjusting with wedges to get it level. Much easier. If I need to baton certain parts I sometimes use some offcuts of trim

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I usually use 2x1 and a laser.
If it’s a concrete floor I will work off the floor , but timber floors always a baton , I find with the tiles now , wedges will squash into the floor with the weight of a a couple of rows and knock my lines out

H573

TF
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just a side question. I was taught to leave the bottom coarse of tiles last, lay the floor tiles then put in the last coarse when the floors down.

If I use a laser and cut in the first coarse, do I lay the floor tiles first then start with the walls? Might be a daft question!!?

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yeah floor first where possible.

Reply to What are you lot using for batons? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock