Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wetroom tray & UFH?! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Evening folks

I am about to tile a bathroom floor inc, Impey wetroom tray & UFH.
The work up until now has been carried out by someone else and this is where its at.
The floor at present is standard chipboard with the tray being approx 2-3mm proud. I need to run the loose lay cable UFH and encapsulate in a screed. The issue is that the customer wants the UFH in the shower area as well but I can't screed it as it is a center drain. I am pretty sure there is a tanking membrane to go down as well.
So do I run the cable on the floor & tray but only SLC outside the tray then encapsulate cable in the tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/?
Also Is it best to lay the membrane first?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

O

One Day

Hi, pretty sure that if you run ufh cables on an Impey tray, you need to lock the stat so the temperature can't go too high.
(Haven't time to check now, and it may be an old memory linked with the bitumen membrane...)

D

Dumbo

From memory it's dictated by the Impey waterguard tanking - 150w/m2
I don't understand why wattage per should bear any relevance as ultimately it is temperature that will damage it ultimately and as a random figure 30degrees is 30degrees no matter wether it is 150 or 200 watts

Q

Qwerty

I don't understand why wattage per should bear any relevance as ultimately it is temperature that will damage it ultimately and as a random figure 30degrees is 30degrees no matter wether it is 150 or 200 watts

Just figures taken from Impey website. I didn't write it! :p

Q

Qwerty

20180118_211613.png

Reply to Wetroom tray & UFH?! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock