Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wetroom to tank or not to tank in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Djhitman

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi all,

Newbie on the site but reading through your post has really helped.

A builder is installing an wet room in my new loft conversion. I wanted to know what’s the best system i.e tray and membrane or tray and roll on?

I know about the highly recommended Impey tray and kits but was recommended this as Linear Wet Room Kit | Walk in Shower | 1200 x 900mm | Wetrooms Online - https://www.wetrooms-online.com/wet-rooms/wet-room-kits-trays/wetbase-linear-wet-room-kit/linear-end-drain-wet-room-walk-in-shower-kit-with-tileable-cover-1500-x-900-x-30mm-detail.html by another tiler.

I a worried about leakes and Impey looks like May have issues with drains as far as read.

Looking for a base which is a minimum of 900 x 1200

Any help and advise you be great.

No floor has been laid, so wooden sub floor. Will be think porcelain tiles and money is tight.

Thank you

OP
O

Old Mod

Think tiles, or thin tiles? :)
If it’s thin tile, cutting corners will not work, money tight or not, do not compromise.

OP
W

Waluigi

If money is tight you can’t go wrong with Marmox Showerstone. Solid trays and really cheap IMO.

OP
O

One Day

No matter what system is used, if its installed incorrectly it will 100% fail. Either in a couple of weeks or a couple of years.
You said installed by your builder, and while I don't know him, it's true to say that builders and wetrooms always equate to problems in my experience.
Contact the manufacturer and get a recommendation.

OP
G

GoneGuy

has the builder got any references from installing previous wet rooms? I would contact a manufacturer for a recommended tiler or even maybe use the forum find a tiler and get a second opinion? If you have a leak that will potential ruin more than Just the loft floor.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
If you have a tight budget a wetroom is probably not the best way really.

Have you considered a normal shower tray, have a look at Just Trays Evolve, they make them as low as 25mm and make them in different colours.
If put directly on the deck by the time you have tiled the rest of the floor it is basically the same height.

OP
D

Djhitman

hi all,

Newbie on the site but reading through your post has really helped.

A builder is installing an wet room in my new loft conversion. I wanted to know what’s the best system i.e tray and membrane or tray and roll on?

I know about the highly recommended Impey tray and kits but was recommended this as Linear Wet Room Kit | Walk in Shower | 1200 x 900mm | Wetrooms Online - https://www.wetrooms-online.com/wet-rooms/wet-room-kits-trays/wetbase-linear-wet-room-kit/linear-end-drain-wet-room-walk-in-shower-kit-with-tileable-cover-1500-x-900-x-30mm-detail.html by another tiler.

I a worried about leakes and Impey looks like May have issues with drains as far as read.

Looking for a base which is a minimum of 900 x 1200

Any help and advise you be great.

No floor has been laid, so wooden sub floor. Will be think porcelain tiles and money is tight.

Thank you

OP
D

Djhitman

Thanks everyone really helpful. So I am guessing wet room online kit above is no good?

The Impey kits seem to be the way forward but really pricey and on top of that if not installed correctly a waste of money.

Really did not want a shower tray. Any suppliers that you would recommend for the Impey kits

OP
W

Waluigi

If you can- try to do a flood test before tile. Not that many people bother. My local place stocks bungs for their waste so you can perform the test.

The last five or so I have done have all been tested in this way.

OP
D

Djhitman

Any advice on where I might get the Impey kits and trays cheaply. The bungs also a good idea

Reply to Wetroom to tank or not to tank in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock