Discuss Wetroom tiles - are they ok to use ? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi lads,

As mentioned earlier I have gor 2 projects with similar style of bathroom finishes. It will be old Victorian looking bathrooms.

However, the first customer has chosen those tiles for the walls
1- BCT Tiles - 44 White Wall Gloss Tiles - 148x148mm - BCT11729 at Victorian Plumbing UK - https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/bct-tiles-white-wall-tile-148x148mm-gloss-bct11729

2- Aspect Black & Ivory Patterned Floor Tiles - 331 x 331mm - https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/aspect-black-ivory-patterned-floor-tiles-331-x-331mm

The walls will have 25m2
The floor 9-10m2

However, we are planning to install a slim channel like this ( attached pics )

Will those floor tiles be ok to be installed onto a wetroom or does the customer has to chose another type of tiles for the wetroom?

Looking forward for your help

Kind regards

Ron

IMG_2634.jpg IMG_2635.jpg

O

One Day

BCT white wall tiles could likely absorb water at the grout joints and "picture frame" stain. Only a possibility, but increased as BCT are particularly low-grade.
I'd immerse a few in water and see what happens before committing to them.

Reaction score
BCT white wall tiles could likely absorb water at the grout joints and "picture frame" stain. Only a possibility, but increased as BCT are particularly low-grade.
I'd immerse a few in water and see what happens before committing to them.
So, what would you recommend of using for tiles instead? I'm going to mentioned it to my customer and would like to know what sort of tile sphe should be looking at?

O

One Day

So, what would you recommend of using for tiles instead? I'm going to mentioned it to my customer and would like to know what sort of tile sphe should be looking at?

Decent quality ceramics or ideally, porcelain.
BCT ceramics can have glaze missing, and rubbish edges making water easy to get in past the grout. And if the glaze is rubbish and the biscuit very soft (as it often is) then this adds up to tiles which really aren't ideal in wet areas.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just no in all aspects to anything by bct , as above poor quality in every way, porcelain is always a good option in wet room due to low water absorption rates

Reaction score
Listen carefuly Ron, British ceramic tiles are nothing but trouble. They are made of chalk and icing sugar and will give you nothing but problems. The rep will fob you off as well.
Victoria plum love selling rubbish so they're right up their street.
Thank you - ALL !!!

So, it means I will have to suggest my customer to go with porcelain tiles than bct?

What do you think about the floor tiles are they any good or are they also not to recommend ?

He isn't short of money though I just think he liked the look though. What Victorian tiles shall I recommend Anjou great companies you know off ?

Kind regrads

Ron

T

Time's Ran Out

There is a search thread on BCT tiles and Original Style seem the best marketing co. for Victorian tiles.

Reply to Wetroom tiles - are they ok to use ? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks