Discuss Wet room floor tile grout in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I am building a wet room, I have settled on an GRP former and tiled floor however the question is what to grout with.

Ordinary cement grout may be ok however it will be wet for much longer than on the wall and is porous. I am presuming that normal grout will mark with grease from feet etc and that after not very long will look a pigs ear. So its acrylic or epoxy grout and acrylic doesn't seem very promising.

This is a first for me and I am aware of the strict time limit on epoxy which seems to be around 45 mins; if I do the floor in sections will the next mix of grout adhere properly to what is already down and leave a watertight joint?

Any comments/advice gratefully received.

Pete

R

Rookery

It's probably a question of good, better and best. I daresay the vast majority of grouts used in domestic situations are cement based and with a few coats of grout sealer, will do the job fine. Mapei UCP would be my choice. Better would be the newer hybrid epoxies which have some cement content and are easier to use. It might come down to what colour you want/can get. I've used Ardex EG8 Hybrid Epoxy to good effect.

Reply to Wet room floor tile grout in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks