Discuss Wet room, cement on top of Anhydrite screed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi guys
Long time reader and lurker, got so much great advice...

Quick question, i have a Anhydrite screed currently that was put down in a wet room (Wet UFH 50mm thick) it is currently 50mm lower than the finished floor height needs to be.

My question is, would it be the following buildup be suitable:
1: Prime Anhydrite with BAL DPM

2: Apply adhesive BAL Rapid Set with uncoupling membrane BAL Rapid-Mat

3: Build up to just under the finished floor level with sand cement screed incorporating my falls to the linear drain

4: Tanking ontop of the new concrete (BAL Tanking kit)

5: Tile etc

Thanks
Adam

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I did consider that option but don’t want to lose the underfloor heating in the room. I have sent BAL an email as you suggested and will post there response when I get it

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What's the uncoupling membrane gonna do? Seems an unecessary expense and quite a lot of messing abot. Why not just use a 500gauge polythene membrane and 50mm fibre reinforced 4:1 sand cement screed. Make sure you tank the room properly before tiling

Reply to Wet room, cement on top of Anhydrite screed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks