Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. Schluter and U

Discuss Wet room, cement on top of Anhydrite screed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Adam18Spring

Adam18Spring Active Member

Hi guys
    Long time reader and lurker, got so much great advice...

Quick question, i have a Anhydrite screed currently that was put down in a wet room (Wet UFH 50mm thick) it is currently 50mm lower than the finished floor height needs to be.

My question is, would it be the following buildup be suitable:
    1: Prime Anhydrite with BAL DPM

2: Apply adhesive BAL Rapid Set with uncoupling membrane BAL Rapid-Mat

3: Build up to just under the finished floor level with sand cement screed incorporating my falls to the linear drain

4: Tanking ontop of the new concrete (BAL Tanking kit)

5: Tile etc

Thanks
    Adam

2. Localtiler

Localtiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Perhaps ring bal themself Adam and ask them to spec it. Could you not stick a 50mm insulation board down and kill about 3 birds with one stone ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Adam18Spring

Adam18Spring Active Member

Thanks for the reply, I did consider that option but don’t want to lose the underfloor heating in the room. I have sent BAL an email as you suggested and will post there response when I get it

4. Ajax123

Ajax123 Tilers Forums Pro - Screed Advisor Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

What's the uncoupling membrane gonna do? Seems an unecessary expense and quite a lot of messing abot. Why not just use a 500gauge polythene membrane and 50mm fibre reinforced 4:1 sand cement screed. Make sure you tank the room properly before tiling

• Like Like x 1