Discuss Wet cutter mitre 600 x 300 porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking to purchase a new wet cutter and after reading the forum it seems the RUBI nd200 or the Norton TT200 are rated quite well and would be contenders.
However, I have 600 x 300 Porcelain to cut with mitred edge along the 600 side, from images and videos of the above machines it seems that there isn’t space for 300mm between the fence and the blade.

Could anyone who has experience with these machines tell me if this is possible on them or if they are simply not capable, or if it is possible how you go about it.

Many thanks.

B

Blunt Tool

Best advice I could give you is do not set up wet saw on floor get yourself a decent foldable work table that is strong,broad and stable. This makes it easier to control tile pushing thru at a steady controlled pace at a comfortable steady height. Trying to lean over on your knees at floor level makes it unsteady and uncontrolled

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Waluigi when you say cut mitre by hand, do you mean with angle grinder?
I had considered that yes, was just looking for a method for the mitres with more consistent results and less dust, but sure I could do it that way.

I would setup whatever method on a sturdy bench thanks callatiler.
I’ve also realised that I will probably need to mitre the edge of longer cut pieces say 500mm, pretty sure that won’t go through on the machines mentioned unless I’m looking at them wrong.
I guess only a bridge saw would do this?

B

Blunt Tool

Best advice I could give you is do not set up wet saw on floor get yourself a decent foldable work table that is strong broad and stable. This makes it easier to control tile pushing thru at a steady controlled pace at a comfortable steady height. Trying to lean over on your knees at floor level is makes it unsteady and unc
Thanks for the replies.

Waluigi when you say cut mitre by hand, do you mean with angle grinder?
I had considered that yes, was just looking for a method for the mitres with more consistent results and less dust, but sure I could do it that way.

I would setup whatever method on a sturdy bench thanks callatiler.
I’ve also realised that I will probably need to mitre the edge of longer cut pieces say 500mm, pretty sure that won’t go through on the machines mentioned unless I’m looking at them wrong.
I guess only a bridge saw would do this?
i don’t understand what you mean? You say won’t get a 500mm thru wet saw and I have already said I’ve put thru 600mm and bigger in fact the machine will cut infinity it’s just holding it gets more difficult

W

Waluigi

No. I’ve not found a blade in China good enough for doing mitres well enough. They’re all a bit too rough.

Reaction score
I may be looking at this wrong then.
The way I see it from looking at pictures of the unit is that you tilt the table of the nd200 to 45 degrees, then with the fence at the bottom where you rest the tile you have a gap between the fence and the blade. This would be the maximum tile size you could pass through, assuming that the tile was face up on the bed.
Once cut you have a piece with a mitred edge but can only be as big as the gap between the blade and the fence.

Am I seeing this completely wrong?
When using the fence you always have a limitation on size.

B

Blunt Tool

Think the video you are watching shows guy setting fence and doing mitre on top edge as bottom sits on fence. This would limit size of tile to size of fence side of table. But if you set the fence to as near the blade as needed depending on thickness of tile for mitre then it is infinity

Reaction score
Ahhh, I see what you’re saying. So when you’re pushing the tile through you only have the thickness of the tile touching the bed as the tile would be 90 degrees to the bed.
Right, makes sense, yes I was viewing that video and hasn’t thought about it as you’re suggesting.

Thanks very much

B

Blunt Tool

Ahhh, I see what you’re saying. So when you’re pushing the tile through you only have the thickness of the tile touching the bed as the tile would be 90 degrees to the bed.
Right, makes sense, yes I was viewing that video and hasn’t thought about it as you’re suggesting.

Thanks very much
Yes set fence to thickness of tile then 1mm in from it, face down on bed then slowly thru let the blade do its job.

U

Unused Account 1

Porcelain hard to mitre,as very chippy,even the best blades,its the nature of the materials,

Reply to Wet cutter mitre 600 x 300 porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks