• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss Well looks like I’ll never work in Aberdeen again, tilers tools for sale! in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

Blunt Tool

618B20D3-16E7-46C5-A754-03B009A4FDD2.jpeg According to a local builder I better go and find another way to earn money as I’ll NEVER tile in Aberdeen and surrounding areas again!! All because I wouldn’t tile HIS clients floor with 300x300mm ceramic tiles. He personally did all the preparation to all British standards going onto a chipboard floor with 6mm, 2mm more than what he usually uses ( yeah he lost me there aswell) plywood screwed with quite a few (quote) screws! I’m a bloody Prima Donna and he knows a lot of people in the trade, funny tho that when I asked him to come and see me face to face to sort this out I’m not worth the bother?
So tools for sale grinders, Sigmas, trowels, levels and van. Grab yourself a bargain I’m away to see if I’m any good at cutting hair :p

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Name him and we'll bring out the trolls!
I don’t need to name him I know he sometimes looks on here that’s why I didn’t put it in the arms! I was hoping this was going to be a good new contact for me, can’t believe he can’t see sense the plywood is already delaminating!

OP
B

Blunt Tool

That's some proper builders prep right there. I think you hurt his feelings because he didn't get a pat on the back for using screws instead of nails.
He was honestly flustered and couldn’t believe I had a problem with it Harry! What I don’t understand is that when I asked him what happened to his last tiler he told me he had to get rid as past few jobs had cracked and loose tiles and the tiler was bringing his name down?

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Think it kinda got worse for him aswell because if you look closely at photo that is the customers perfectly manicured nails lying there :rolleyes: after inspecting the plywood for herself!

Reply to Well looks like I’ll never work in Aberdeen again, tilers tools for sale! in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer