Discuss Water Marks On Marble in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mike1979

After advice please I have a customer that has polished marble on a kitchen floor with fila mp 90 sealer and had a burst pipe up stairs and flooded the downstairs floor and it has left what I think are water marks not really bad but a little patchy what's the best thing to do to make it look better please folks many thanks forgot to add

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Slight water marks should dry, if the air can get to it, I would be more worried about any damage to the fixing of the stone and or substrate, any idea what it's fixed down to and with ? How has the water been dealt with ?

M

mike1979

The water was sucked up with a wet dry vac, dehumidifier has been used it's a concrete floor primed with norcross prime bond,schluter ditra on top and the adhesive was norcros flex rapid and the grout is norcros flex grout I know this as they gave me the invoice The floor feels solid no cracks anywhere it's all dried out now been a month so the question is if it's sealed again will it improve the look

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Water marks can sometimes be cut into using a mildly alkaline cleaning solution, we have power clean, dilute 1-10 test one stone and wash over with a white pad, also the impregnator may dull if there was a slight excess , looking like water marks. On darker stones can look like a misting to marbles, this would be the same as above to start, and move on to a stripping agent if required.
How long was the water sitting ,before removed?
Any dark shading?
Do you have any photos?

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Would be good to see the photos and comment further , even if possible salts have traced in the cappillaries this also can produce a misting or dullness this could be removed with mechanical polishing, so should be possible to recover, whichever

Reply to Water Marks On Marble in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks