Discuss Want advice as having new bathroom fitted and I'm not happy with how the tiles have been done. in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Paul Drew

Hi all.
Just wants some professional opinions please as having a new bathroom fitted and this is how the tiles have been done.

IMG-20180819-WA0009.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Evening @Paul Drew Glad you came here for advice but sorry for the quality of tiling you have recieved. Exceptionally poor workmanship in my opinion.

W

Waluigi

He probably doesn’t have a hole saw to cut holes in the Porcelain so that he can drop the floor tile over the speedfit caps. He doesn’t have the knowledge to understand that it’s better to undercut the architraves instead of trying to cut round them.
The rest of it just shows the work of someone who doesn’t really have much of a conscience.

Most decent tilers would be horrified with themselves if they left a job like that.

Q

Qwerty

@Paul Drew , I've added the extra images you sent me. Apologies for any duplicates!

Its very poor attention to detail, sloppy workmanship and I'm really sorry you have had to endure this by somebody purporting to be a tiler

S

Spare Tool

Another atrocious effort fit for nothing but the hall of shame. Stuck onto skimmed and some of it inevitably on to painted walls, not acceptable at all :(

P

Paul Drew

Thanks for all the replys. Won't be letting him or the company back to finish job but will find someone else.

Reply to Want advice as having new bathroom fitted and I'm not happy with how the tiles have been done. in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks