Discuss Wall Prep in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

philrab66

Hi all
Back for some more valuable advise. I have the unfortunate job of re-doing my bathroom been putting it off but time has come. I have stripped the wall and a large amount of the render has come off with the tiles. I would like to render and skim but not to sure of the procedure and mix. What sand to use etc... do I pva first or just wet the wall. I have tried a little bit of rendering in the past but I got more on the floor than the wall.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Phil.

P

philrab66

Why put yourself through rendering your walls when there is dry lining....

If it was the whole wall then yes dry lined but it is only a few large areas at the bottom of the wall. Also I am not tiling complete wall just a few above the bath and shower area.

Reaction score
if it's the inside of an outside wall then plastering sand & cement onto the brick. If there's another room on other side then probably Hardwall then Multifinish plaster.

Reply to Wall Prep in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks