Discuss Various bits of advice needed! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all

Am in the midst of redoing an en suite and have a couple of queries I could do with some advice on!

Have attached a picture below of my wall! Flooring is done using back buttered powder cement - all good I think! Am using the same cement (mapei Fast set) on the walls too.

Right hand side of picture is tiled onto aquapanel as inside shower enclosure... Lefthand side is toilet and cabinet.

As you can see it's painted with what I guess is either silk or bathroom paint.... Do I need to key score sand or remove ??

The plasterboard below is normal, primed 4:1 and tiled so again hopefully all OK... The other question is grout based... Have bought premixed - will that be OK for both areas or is there a reason i should use powdered grout??

Any advice much appreciated!

The white blob on the wall is where I stuck a random cutoff to test... It held pretty firm but on iously didn't bond with the plaster underneath probably more just the paint!!

FYI tiles are 30 x 20 x 9mm ceramic

Thanks in advance !

20181126_204059.jpg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can I ask if this is your own ensuite?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Would be best to remove the painted plasterboard.
No need to prime the new plasterboard.

Reaction score
Thanks both.. Had hoped to avoid that but I guess there isn't another way??

What were your thoughts on the tubbed grout?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never used it, and not sure I would want to.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Mapei Flexcolour is fine on floors, just not suitable for wet rooms and swimming pools.

Reaction score
Yeah it's not a wet room as such... Putting in a shower tray over the tiles and sealing (and have selead between floor and wall and aquapanel joints too) so hoping it will be OK... So take the tub back and buy powdered ?

Reply to Various bits of advice needed! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks