Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Van woes ....... again.... in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Looks like the gearbox is nackered on my van.....05 trafic, same as viviro and primaster ..
I know it's a common fault on these vans.
Has anyone had there's done.
What kind of cost we looking at..

Q

Qwerty

My old 2008 Vivaro had nearly every engine part replaced incl gearbox @£1500. I hated that money pit so bought a new Transit custom.

Recon boxes are cheaper but not much

bsc ceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
not sure if its the same thing but didn't someone on here have a problem with changing gear and couldn't get a part (maybe for the linkage) but got it welded instead. vans are the Bain of my life as well mate, good luck.

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking on line I've seen recon boxes for £500. So it's just the fitting cost...

Im still driving it.....just got to go from 2nd to 4th.......3rd gear seems vanished...:(

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Gearbox on my 05 Traffic cost me £1100 2 years ago. Gearbox bearing was making a hell of a noise. Gearbox out....sent of to repair......put back in. Luckily the clutch didn’t need replacing.

bsc ceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looking on line I've seen recon boxes for £500. So it's just the fitting cost...

Im still driving it.....just got to go from 2nd to 4th.......3rd gear seems vanished...:(
that might be this linkage thing Andy think you can weld it. might be wrong but worth a look..

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
that might be this linkage thing Andy think you can weld it. might be wrong but worth a look..
Could be.....had trouble with the linkage a couple of weeks ago......think I'll get my local garage to take a look first..

These vans really are pants .....seems like I'm just waiting for the next thing to go wrong..

F

Flintstone

That’s the old situation of cut your losses! You can end up throwing good money after bad. Vans have come on a lot in the last 13 years, go and look at one, see if it lights your fire!

Reaction score
I'd get rid like local, sound like its going to be never ending repairs, my vivaro was, 07.... cut your losses.
Although my 65 plate fiat needs a gearbox, same as yours 3rds just not happening, luckily in warranty. Its going to take 4 -5 days and I cant get any sort of demo van or courtesy. don't get that one. MAIN DEALER CRAP....

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can't see as there's much more that can go wrong with it.......
I've replaced nearly everything !!

I

Italy

yes andy, how to replace everything to you,
it's useless, you're always old.
keep thinking, that your van will take you
at the pension ...
upload_2018-4-3_18-1-1.jpeg

Reply to Van woes ....... again.... in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock