• Thread starter Flintstone
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 3K

Discuss Vacuum brased finger bits in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

who uses them ? They look really useful. Does anyone know about there durability?

O

Old Mod

You meant the cylinder shaped carborundum bits that fit to a grinder, for enlarging holes?

Yeah I do, mine seemed to last a fair while, although it needs replacing now.
But I got mine from Dibranto when they had a store on the New Kings Road by Putney Bridge

F

Flintstone

Yeah that's them, £50 each not cheap. I guess it's one of those tools once you have had it, how did you cope without one

C

Concrete guy

Is it these you're after or something thinner (these are 20mm diameter)?

_MG_0436crop_zpscggurfgk.jpg

C

Concrete guy

From left to right these are :-

Fine #140/180 grit
Medium #70/80 grit
Coarse #30 grit

The most appropriate for tiling applications is the middle one. The coarse is better for granite and stone where you need to shape and enlarge, the fine when you need a finish in a tight internal radius, say on a sink cut out before polishing.

It's kind of a problem solver when you've got to open something up a mil or two and they're pretty long lasting. It's just one of those useful things in the toolbox for adjustments when things aren't spot on.

Reply to Vacuum brased finger bits in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks