Discuss Update: Top Contributor Usertag Added in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought this'd be handy.

We have a load of TF Arms members, and a handful of Trusted Advisors. Then the sponsors, and member support guys, but they're usually one or the other. And there isn't a tag all can share equally. Even if a regular member.

So I've created a tag that manages its self. The Top Contributor tag.

If you've posted 50 posts in the last 30 days, you get the tag, automatically. It'll run nightly and alter the people who have the tag. So it isn't instant. So don't get spamming.

So even a relative newbie can get the tag. Along with staff needing to earn it too. So my bouts off disappearing when I'm working on other forums, I'll lose it. Then need to regain it.

I can alter the QTY of posts required, and days etc, so I'll perhaps tweak it over time. But for now it's 50 posts in 30 days. I'd say a person who posts that much in that time has pretty much earned the tag.

Let me know your thoughts. :)

Upvote 0
O

Old Mod

Thing is, I actually do try!
I just don't manage it often, and if I do I'm accused of being bloody AWOL! Haha

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
haha I'm only messing.

The feature is more for the not so regulars. They'll get rewarded when they come on for a bit, and perhaps will encourage them to help others, which is what we're here for eh :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest I still want to cut down on the tags. But like with the Top Poster, this tag is sort of temporary in the most part.

If too many be up with it, I'll mark it a bit harder to get so it's still special. And if we hardly ever see it, I'll relax it a bit so it encourages more to gain it again.

Reply to Update: Top Contributor Usertag Added in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks