Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Update: Removed some of the banners from usernames in the Forum Improvement Suggestions area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
To make the threads less cluttered, I've removed some of the banners from usernames. Note that I have NOT removed any members from any of the usergroups they were in, just some of the banners.

So now, if I've done it correctly, you will all have just the one banner near your name, and it'll be the banner with the highest level. So the levels/banners go as follows....

• Registered Users in now group = No banner
  • TilersForums Arms = Red Banner
  • Trusted Advisor = Green Banner
  • Company Support = Blue Banner
  • JOTM & JOTY = Yellow & Orange Banners respectively
  • Sponsors = Light Green Banner with Purple Username
  • Staff = Grey Banner
The Top Poster Of the Month banner will be applied to the top poster on top of this. And I have my 'Not a Tiler' banner along with my staff banner. Other staff will have their Trusted Advisor tag along with their Staff Banner.

If you've won JOTM you'll get that banner only. If you've won JOTY you'll get that banner only. Could perhaps maybe do with showing if they're trusted advisors or just tilersforums arms too. But I didn't have time t configure it. So let's roll with it as it is and see how we get on.

When I switched the sparky forum over to this software we use here, I did this, and people quickly got used to it. Threads are much tidier now IMO. Especially on mobile and small devices where it did look a bit cluttered.

Upvote 0
T

Time's Ran Out

Just happened as I was looking - would be grateful for trusted Advisor green banner if possible Dan.

T

Time's Ran Out

If it means keeping the green - yes.
But I'am just 1 - many have won JOTM and it's coveted.
Not sure why a change was required - got the green back -thank you!

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It was getting a bit silly. Some people had several and it looked a bit busy in long threads that loads of different people from different usergroups had replied to. The sparky forum looks much neater in threads now and when I come back here it keeps reminding me how busy it can look in threads.

I'm sorting a way out to show JOTM and a users main tag. I seem to have screwed up the colour of the usernames in Trusted though lol - It's work in progress it seems lol

W

WetSaw

Less cluttered? On my phone the first page is now the insurance thing and the snow just gets on my ****....

Just saying...

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The username area is less cluttered I said.

The insurance notice will be removed once we've done a couple of weeks to alert people. It's saving people pennies and supporting the forum. So deal with it lol - And the snow MEANS IT'S NEARLY CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSS WOOOOOOOOOOO! Cheer up you miserable sod.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Was it broke?

If you mean 'so don't fix it' lol no, it wasn't broke. But we move forward with small updates like this. Our largest amount of traffic comes from unregistered readers, and they couldn't give two monkies what usergroup people are in. We have added to the groups over 10 years and never really changed them much. Some people had 4 tags and whoever won JOTY had 5 and if they also won TPOTM (they hadn't yet but it was possible) they'd have 6 and if they were staff too at that time, 7!

That's just mental. We're not the bloody army.

T

Time's Ran Out

If you mean 'so don't fix it' lol no, it wasn't broke. But we move forward with small updates like this. Our largest amount of traffic comes from unregistered readers, and they couldn't give two monkies what usergroup people are in. We have added to the groups over 10 years and never really changed them much. Some people had 4 tags and whoever won JOTY had 5 and if they also won TPOTM (they hadn't yet but it was possible) they'd have 6 and if they were staff too at that time, 7!

That's just mental. We're not the bloody army.

I understand it's a numbers game, but the regulars who provide the ongoing advice have been supporting the forum for a considerable length of time. It gives a sense of achievement to be recognised by your peers be it for standard of work, number of posts, or quality of advice. For the unregistered readers it may not be of any importance (other than being able to trust advice provided) but to those posting it is a small reward for the time committed to making it a forum of interest.
Just my take on the discussion.

Reply to Update: Removed some of the banners from usernames in the Forum Improvement Suggestions area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock