Discuss Update: more helpful tag pages in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
www.tilersforums.com/tags

Click on a tag and you'll see it has a bit of a Wiki (info page) there along with the list of threads tagged with that word or phrase.

You'll have to excuse the automatically generated phrases for a lot of them. It pulls the phrases from Wikipedia and is a bit generic for most of them.

But I'm working my way through them and editing them to be more forum and tile specific.

If anybody would like me to do any specific ones first then let me know.

A really handy feature for that area is the notifications link at the bottom of the wiki for a tag. You can choose a couple of tags and click the link at the bottom of the wiki and get notified by email when a thread is posted that has been tagged with that word.

So for example if Weber, Mapei or TileMaster wanted to be notified when their brand names are tagged, they'd pick their brands and select either email notification or just forum notification.

:)

Upvote 0
O

Old Mod

So I just selected the update tag, and it told me about Microsoft updates. So I can delete this and put an explanation more befitting the forum explanation and it's only visible in here and not on wiki, that correct?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. For that specific one I'd enter a full stop. So it doesn't pull another wiki up. And save it as the wiki data. Because it's not really a handy tag to be fair. Or just enter a quick one line. "Threads tagged updates are usually regarding forum features being updated" or something.

The tile related ones that are skewed are the ones that need doing first I'd say.

I don't mind doing them as and when but the more help the quicker it is done.

O

Old Mod

Yeah agreed, self explanatory, was just checking I knew what I was doing before deleting Wikipedia haha

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah we are advanced for a forum but not that advanced lol

It's an add-on Stuart Wright commissioned for his AVforums.com forum. His stuff that gets automatically pulled up with mostly be quite accurate but our topic is a bit unique lol

Reply to Update: more helpful tag pages in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks