Discuss Unmodified floor tile adhesive for putting 600x300 tiles on Sculter Ditra in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Colo

TF
Reaction score
Hello,

I am still deciding the best option for laying 300x600 porcelain floor tiles on.

I am considering laying 12mm ply on top of existing 18mm floor and using Schuter Ditra.

I understand that I need a unmodified adhesive to put the tiles on top of the Ditra. Can anyone give me the name of an unmodified adhesive.

I was initially going to use 12mm ply which i bought, until I joined this site and after the advice from the men on here I realised its not the best to tile on hence the Scluter Ditra idea

I am also considering using something like No More Ply.

Thanks once again

D

Dumbo

To be honest I use modified adhesive in ditra either c2ft s1 rapid set or c2te s1 slow set

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spare Tool

10mm insulation boards or 6mm hardibacker glued and screwed onto the ply, tape the joints and that'll give you the perfect surface to tile on with any reputable flexible adhesive, Tilemaster, Webber, ultra to name a few...there's plenty more depending on your local stockists

Colo

TF
Reaction score
To be honest I use modified adhesive in ditra either c2ft s1 rapid set or c2te s1 slow set

Thanks for reply.
Schluter state to use modified to fix Ditra to floor then unmodified on top to fix tile.
Do you use modified on top and is it ok

D

Dumbo

It says to use an adhesive to match tile requirements . Porcelain should be flexible adhesive.
This is copy and paste from schluter

Immediately after the Schlüter®-DITRA 25 matting is installed, the tiles can be set using the thin-bed method and using a bonding tile adhesive that matches the requirements of the covering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colo

TF
Reaction score
It says to use am adhesive to match tile requirements . Porcelain should be flexible adhesive

Thanks for that. Th
It says to use an adhesive to match tile requirements . Porcelain should be flexible adhesive.
This is copy and paste from schluter

Immediately after the Schlüter®-DITRA 25 matting is installed, the tiles can be set using the thin-bed method and using a bonding tile adhesive that matches the requirements of the covering.

Thanks for your help budd and thank you for taking the time to research that for me. I am a novice and I am grateful for you sharing your knowledge.
The use of modified has so much more advantages.
I think I have been looking at the USA web sites where it instructs to use unmodified on top.

ATB

F

Flintstone

The industry is very different in the USA so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to that, over here we don’t use the term modified, and generally we don’t use none flexible adhesives. Any s1 would be ideal.

F

Flintstone

The industry is very different in the USA so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to that, over here we don’t use the term modified, and generally we don’t use none flexible adhesives. Any s1 would be ideal.

D

Dumbo

So good you said it twice

Colo

TF
Reaction score

Thank you for your help

ATB

Col

Colo

TF
Reaction score
Probably. But you should look at backer board as well

I did consider 9mm No More Ply or Hardibacker but I have never used them before and was concerned they would not give the support for the large tiles.

I would have liked to use them as they would be much simpler to install than plywood and Ditra.

Thanks again

Col

Reply to Unmodified floor tile adhesive for putting 600x300 tiles on Sculter Ditra in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks