Discuss Uneven hardiebacker on victorian terrace bathroom floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi there - so i have ripped up the old tiles and old layer of ply and cork. Replaced with 12mm hardiebacker screwed in along with a layer of adhesive between the backer and the floor. There is some discrepancy of maybe 5mm between aome of the boards. Do i need to start again? Im using flexible adhesive and the room is around 1-2m2.

Current plan has been to rip up the problem boards and reapply

Any advice would be great!

S

Spare Tool

Personally I prefer Tilemaster levelflex and would use there primer, but most reputable manufacturers make a leveler suitable. Your boards will only be as flat as the floor your screwing them to..

J

J Sid

if you have any gaps round the edge fill with expanding foam, also use to create a dam across the door.

W

Waluigi

Be careful with HB. Often it can be poorly stored and as it’s such a rigid material, if the base of the storage pallet (or whatever) isn’t flat then every last board will be on the wobble. I hate the stuff, especially the 12mm

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies - i've attached a photo for a bit of context. So currently my plan is to put down the rest of the HB as most of it has already set and is flat, seal the joints using cement board tape and adhesive, seal up the area with battons / expanding foam around the skirting board / door / pipe holes in floor, apply self levelling compound, hope for good results and hopefully get tiling this weekend.

This is beginning to feel like it will be a very messy job but hopefully its reasonably straightforward. Feels like a lot fo effort for such a small area but may as well do it right

49564129_343416109827107_7441509003324030976_n.jpg

Reply to Uneven hardiebacker on victorian terrace bathroom floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks