Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Underfloor heating between joists in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

W

Waluigi

Might be worth checking to see if it’s definitely suitable for UFH.......beneath.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I always bleat on about this, but just use Femacell flooring. Gives great conductivity for the underfloor and can be tiled straight onto.
I’ve done this numerous times, with no failures.
Ditch the ply

OP
S

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just an update. Builder spoke with Knauf today. He can use 18mm Giffa, not screwed into joists as it is floating. All I have to do is prime with their product no anti fracture and tile ???? I will do it :eek::eek:

B

Blunt Tool

Is it thin porcelain, normal porcelain or stone? Use Tilemaster anti fracture mat no matter what, it’s thin and for hundreds could save thousands.
Not too sure about no fixings into joists tho

OP
S

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Is it thin porcelain, normal porcelain or stone? Use Tilemaster anti fracture mat no matter what, it’s thin and for hundreds could save thousands.
Not too sure about no fixings into joists tho
Its planks, Ive emailed Knauf see what comes back

OP
S

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Heres the reply ?
Good Morning Simon,

Thank you for sending us the photo- so for the GIFA floor system it is a floating system and doesn’t need to be screwed into the joists. Knauf flooring edge strips are to be used on the perimeter of the system to absorb any movement and stop the transfer of sound through walls if the floor does move/buckle. A anti fracture mat would substantially help, other than that this is all we advise for the GIFA floor.

Thank you for your enquiry,

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any further information.

Kind Regards

Sam Bunting

Technical Support Trainee

Tel. (+44) 08000 304 135

www.knauf.co.uk

Follow us on twitter @KnaufTechnical

D

Dumbo

Anti fracture to help with a buckling floor . It just shows these guys dont know what they are on about and just make it up as the go along

Reply to Underfloor heating between joists in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock