Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
The picture didn't show really what was going on hence the reason why i needed to explain it, obviously still causing controversy and you can't except the way it was done because you weren't there which is why it was removed it, look at the picture of the guy when he finished does he look like he is is soaked in water and glaze, no its because the waste material and water doesn't come direct at you as you are cutting from behind NOT in front.

Ive put some great pictures of work that the learners have done which i put up a week ago and not one person has commented how good they have done or the standard of the work which has been achieved, soon as i put on something that people can criticise the replies come in within minutes

B

Bill

they are tiling on a flat piece of plywood..........put them on a bumpy kitchen wall with metro tiles....show them how to overcome those problems....that will help them greater than tiling onto plywood.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Back to negativity again, boring, you know nothing about what we teach, i have been self employed for over 30 years, Got all the tiling qualifications up to level 3 NVQ, taught the highest levels at college, run and owned one of the biggest tiling training centres in the UK for over the last 12 years, personally taught tiling to thousands of people in this time from all over the UK and Europe, got 16 pages of positive feedback on here and countless on other sites, and you comment on the plywood, the reason that part of the centre is new is because I've just extended it and thats where he was, that exercise seas 1 day on his course, look at the other pictures, they are tiling on the walls of where years of people have fixed and removed tiles leaving old adhesive and uneven surfaces,
Here is a picture below of the walls that are uneven with years old adhesive on, of which has been scraped down by them just as a real wall would have been, this is what they train on.

I suggest if your that good yourself, you concentrate your time on giving advice to questions where people are looking for answers rather than trying to look for ways of putting my centre down, again which you know nothing of
IMG_5229.jpg

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Bespoke work being done on the UK Pro Tiling Training course week 2, working with angles, all these cuts and design were hand done from 100 x 100mm tiles, walls behind had to be prepped as they have been tiled hundreds of times before, guy had no prior tiling experience before attending
[DLMURL]http://www.uktradestraining.co.uk[/DLMURL]

View attachment DSC07011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Darren, notice you have a 1 day natural stone course and mention many aspects of impregnation , sealing stain removal ,maintenance are you working with any single company for these products or are you generic in the information given?

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi bob, i tend to be generic and talk about a few different ones in the information i give out and go through but go through the lithofin products like stain stop, colour intensifier, wax off etc, i get people from all over the country travelling to me, before i used to only tell them about lithofin products because thats what i used to use, but was finding that when people were going back to their local tile shops not everyone sells it so i now cover other popular brands as well, if you have any info booklets or marketing material, i can dish it out for you if you send me some. I am assuming you work for the company

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yes , worked for lithofin for a while ( self employed) and run a restoration co( consult mostly these days rather than scrubbing) I will get something together and be in touch,

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Here is our latest Testimonial Neil ( Newcastle)

Just completed the uk pro tiling training 9 day tiling course and I have not been disappointed in the slightest every day has been a challenge but an enjoyable one. Darren has come up with as many exercises as possible which try to replicate all the problems that you will come across. Hard to believe how much ability you gain when completing this course, mind it is fast paced to fit everything in, Huge amounts of background knowledge all backed up with massive detailed handout, prep and material information, loads of different practical sinarios, dealing with bad walls, having to back butter for uneven floors, 3 way mitres, tiling out of shape pipe boxes, double angled wall and floor cuts, etc, etc
Being a soldier in the British Army I have gone from never doing any DIY to being able to produce high quality work that i believe paying customers would be very happy with and it is all down to (Darren) the instructor and his years of experience and teaching methods, in my opinion this course is second to non and I couldn't recommend this course enough.
Thanks UK Pro Tiling training.

Below are pics from Neils 2 week course, all features and borders are hand made by him
IMG_5257 (1).jpg
IMG_5171 (1).jpg
IMG_5260.jpg
IMG_5244.jpg
For more information visit [DLMURL]http://www.uktradestraining.co.uk[/DLMURL]

Reaction score
Here is our latest Testimonial Neil ( Newcastle)

Just completed the uk pro tiling training 9 day tiling course and I have not been disappointed in the slightest every day has been a challenge but an enjoyable one. Darren has come up with as many exercises as possible which try to replicate all the problems that you will come across. Hard to believe how much ability you gain when completing this course, mind it is fast paced to fit everything in, Huge amounts of background knowledge all backed up with massive detailed handout, prep and material information, loads of different practical sinarios, dealing with bad walls, having to back butter for uneven floors, 3 way mitres, tiling out of shape pipe boxes, double angled wall and floor cuts, etc, etc
Being a soldier in the British Army I have gone from never doing any DIY to being able to produce high quality work that i believe paying customers would be very happy with and it is all down to (Darren) the instructor and his years of experience and teaching methods, in my opinion this course is second to non and I couldn't recommend this course enough.
Thanks UK Pro Tiling training.

Below are pics from Neils 2 week course, all features and borders are hand made by him
View attachment 80253 View attachment 80254 View attachment 80255 View attachment 80257 For more information visit [DLMURL]http://www.uktradestraining.co.uk[/DLMURL]
Well done Neil! Good luck with your future tiling career..

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Tiling work during week 2 at UK Pro Tiling Training, formerly NETT, all borders and features are hand cut from 100 x 100mm tiles, lad is from the military, no prior tiling experience

Visit [DLMURL]http://www.uktradestraining.co.uk[/DLMURL]
Ring Tracey on 07960 286957 for more info

007.jpg

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Creative mosaic work done at UK Pro Tiling Training, everything below was hand made and shaped from broken tiles

Visit [DLMURL]http://www.uktradestraining.co.uk[/DLMURL] to find out more about our courses, we have run one of the most intensive fast track tiling courses in the UK for over 12 years.

317732_280086372033545_1405513057_n.jpg

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
More creative work done at UK Pro Tiling Training, using imagination bits of tile and skills taught on the course
Visit [DLMURL="http://www.uktradestraining.co.uk"]http://www.uktradestraining.co.uk [/DLMURL]for more info on our courses

web pics 059 (1).jpg

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Interested in learning to Tile, We offer one of the most advanced learning curves into tiling in the UK. Full in- depth product knowledge and tiling skills, we have been successfully teaching tiling professionally for over 12 years and been part of the tilers forums since 2006.

Special offer for Tilers Forum members: 10% off any course booked, please mention this offer to Tracey upon booking.

Click here for more details of our courses [DLMURL]http://www.uktradestraining.co.uk[/DLMURL]

IMG_5226 (1).jpg

P

paul fenwick

hi looking to take a course at uk pro tiling training in the next week or two but my only concern is do I take the 9 day or 13 day course,really considering 13 days as would like as much training as possible.has any body done 9/13 day course,what extra training on 13 days over 9 days and what are your recommendations.do uktt still offer 10% off the course for forum members(only just joined forum).thanks paul

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks