Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Woody123

Just finished my training at NETT

To any one thinking about taking this course then don't hesitate this is definately the only course you shoud consider!
Just finished my 5 days there including the Natural Stone course and it was fantastic! There's not really much more i can add from all the other testemonials on here but thought i should post anyway. The knowledge and confidence Darren gives you from his training is brilliant. He describes everything so simply its hard not to understand what he is teaching you. Before this course i would have been really intimidated going into a paying customers house and confidently displaying my knowledge so i could win the business from the customer but the tips Darren gives you are really great. Not giving away any secrets you will just have to try the course for yourself, you won't be disappointed! Darren is obviously a brilliant tiler but also he's so switched on as a businessman it would be stupid not to take all the advice he is giving you. Also a mention must go to tracey who really is a lovely down to earth person. She really looks aftter you. All the other guys are great who help Darren out in the workshop. Also the lads i was on the course with were really friendly and if any of you are reading then good luck with your future's! And if your reading this then cheers for all your help Darren, it was much appreciated.

Chris Woodward

T

tactile

i took this course in febuary 07. i hadnt lifted a tile in my life.

if theres one thing darren and tracy do, its fill you full of confidence. i was trembling with fear the first day thinking everyone there would be quite knowledgeable and i would be a total misfit.
by the last day i was so eager to get going that i felt i could tile anything.

and from that day, there hasnt been a job that i have worried about or felt was too hard for me.
darren is always there for after-course help and queries if you need him.

once he explains the basic rules of tiling everything else seems to fall in place.

i went to the course with 101 questions but didnt need to ask any. everything was totaly covered.
thanks for everything darren and tracy:yes:

J

john0612

Re: North East Tiling Training - Tyne and Wear

done the course on the 7th jan, had a good bunch of lads there and had a good laugh whilslt learning soo much. ( if any of you are lurking and not posting, well get yer finger out )

be prepared for long days, lots to take in but as said before, if you listen and pay attention you'll be the better for it.

you'll have our own notes as well as handouts, re-read once your finished and you'll get it.

Darren is a great teacher and colin and paul are great lads too.

Tracey keeps you supplied in the coffee/tea department and i'm still getting rid of it lol.

stayed at the kingsmere which was very good.

plenty of pubs, indians for £6 for 3 course meal
chinese was nice too.

CUSH68

TF
Reaction score

Was looking for a course in Scotland to save any travelling etc. But after seaching through loads of feedback the NETT course seemed to be head and shoulders above the rest. So booked up for 14th Jan.
Just finished the course including natural stone and can only agree with all previous feedack.
It was everything I required from a course and more. All aspects of running and maintaining a business were covered, from marketing to sales.And the actual tiling training was expertly done.Some of the techniques Darren has are unbelievable.
If your looking for a course that covers everything you need I couldn't recomend this one enough.Worth the travel.
Cheers
Mark

G

GRAYLIN

Happy New to you all,

I completed the course on 9th November 2007 I added the Natural Stone training to the course.

I took the course as I needed my bathroom tiling and could not get a tiler in my area. Although my wife located tilers they never followed up there promises. (There is a lesson here for all businessmen - do what you say, if you can,t then tell the client.)

Anyway back to the course. Over the past few years I have trained on several courses, Accountancy and Hypnotherapy. Darren is the best trainer I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Firstly Darren teaches the basics of business acumen. Your a business first and then a professional tiler.
The course is very intensive and you may feel that you will not remember everything. Don't panic, the handouts cover everything and as time goes by after the course, things come back to you.
The techniques Darren shares with you are brilliant even down to a tool he devised to save time. Time = Money!
These alone are worth the price of the course.
As an accountant I would advise my client to charger at least three times Darrens price.
Darren pushes you during the practical part but this proofs to you your true potential. For me I didn't realise I could tile that fast to an acceptable standard.
The Natural Stone course on Friday was again worth its price and to me while you are there you might as well come away totally qualified, especially if your travelling quite a distance to South Shields.
I bought all my tools from Darren and left fully aremed to tackle any tiling job.
I am now starting the New Year with a new profession.

To sum up I now have the training and knowledge to talk to prospective clients and tradesmen with total confidence. They will believe I have been in the profession for several years without a doubt. All because of the knowledge Darren shares with us on the North East Tiling Training course.

Darren's better half Tracey is brilliant at supplying the teas and coffees (Darren doesn't like stopping for breaks because he has so much knowledge to share), and a listening ear if required.

I came home and decided that the tiling in the kitchen was rubbish. So I have tiled the bathroom and kitchen floor and walls. This alone has covered my costs and I have a trade.

Cheers Darren, Tracey and staff.

I stayed at the Athol House B&B, idealy situated 5 mins from the classroom and town centre. Thanks Duncan.

Sorry for the long winded essay but I feel it is important that future pupils are aware of just how much they will learn.
God Luck
Graham

J

joe barron

Re: north east tiling

hi all,
just to tell you all that i been on the nett course last week,
WELL where to start when in not knowing nothing about the trade tracey and darren are STARS! plan and simple nothing more nothing less they know the trade inside out.

after all the training what comes at a fast pace, you feel good about your self more than i do already being a bit of the class:joker: i left thinking i would like to get to jump in head first so thats what i did, darren and his crew in-stalled somthing in my head that works is coming to me a them words agiain FAST PACE went into a shop where i live and got a job just off going what darren said and can i say that job is worth a stunning £1600.00 my luck had come in then i done the old get round all the trades and have got in good with a sparky and he has give me a job to, and with family jobs to do who know what will happen leave my job??? might
but this all down to nett!!! if you read this darren HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO DO THIS FLOOR!!! :lol: just joking mate just a on going joke any way im off you will be sick of me by now later all thanks for reading this and take care, and good luck in the tiling trade!!!!!!!!!:hurray:

X

xc7075

the course was well worth the money i would advise any one to go on it thanks

R

Rosco0110

Re: Was your course any good....

My course was NETT, actually sat next to ivegotsTile. Course was very good, had some skills previous to course, but Darren added loads more and gave me a lot of confidence. Own business been running now for 8 months and just getting busier and busier. You do learn a lot after the course on the job, but for using correct adhesive etc, planning, and some business tips Darren is the man.:hurray:

R

robjoe90

i did a course pre xmas but have been so busy with stuff i havnt posted yet . i thought the course was excellent and the pace was fast which i like but some might find it intimidating , though as darren kept saying though he,s giving you the information and the techniques you can practice laying tiles in your own time .
i actually give lectures and train people at work myself and darren puts everything over superbly .
i highly recommend the nett , since doing the course ive tiled my own kitchen walls and floor , a few other jobs and im booked up to the middle of march . doing my 1st ufh job soon !
i admit i only do tiling part time but i get plenty of work and ive only just started.

C

Chris Brown

feedback for north east tiling

i recently completed the course on 14 jan 08. I done the whole 5 days and what a course it was i done the course as resetlement for leaving the army after doing 10 yrs. I never really thought of it as a carear until i done it as ive done a hell of a lot of courses whilst in the army and this course really is the best ive done I would recommend it to anyone i really learned so much not just about tiling but the bussiness side aswell. Thanks again to Darren and Tracey

D

Dougstar

Just finished NETT course over the two weekends, had done some tiling in the house before i went on course and am now in the process of ripping them all up.

Have to say the course was excellent and certainly gives you the knowledge and confidence to branch out and go it alone. Darrens methods are first class and make it very simple but effective to understand.

Stayed at the seacrest which was first class.

Note if your going on course, South Shields has a very good night life (Glitterball)this is a bad mistake as me and a few of the boys found out, no sleep and sore heads make very wonky tilers!

Dougie

G

geordieboy

Hi i did the courses at NETT back at the begining of nov was part of my redundency package. I went in as a total novice and was very suprised at how much i learned and would highly recomend it to any one .

Reaction score

Hi Everyone,
just wanted to give some feedback for NETT course i attended on the 28/01/08 the course is worth every penny, Darren and Tracey plus the rest of the staff make the course really enjoyable, i was very surprised just how much you can learn in 4 days, there is a lot to take in, but Darren is an excellent teacher and as long as you listen you will learn, i did the course while visiting from Australia and chose this course based on the feedback i had seen on the forum, i would definately reccomend this course to anyone, great value, thanks again to darren and Tracey

regards

Chris :thumbsup:

E

Enzman

hay all,

just completed the course at NETT. I attended it on the 4th feb 08'. And what an amazing course it was. Darren was excellent with his way of teaching. Straight to the point with no messing. All the information he gave was worth its weight in gold. Really intense, with loads and loads of info.

Tracey was great also with her tea and coffee making skills, and very helpful with any questions you may need answering. Also the tools that Darren has are top tools. Quality gear at great prices!! I must say the course is really intense, so if your thinking cap is not sitting on your head correctly you will miss important information.

I found it like learning to drive. All the info is given to you (as long as your listening with 100% attention on what darren is saying), and when you leave your head will feel like mush! Once settled all the info he gave you can be recalled easily as its all locked away in your brain. You can then go away and with the knowledge darren has given you practise what you have learned in your own time, without being rushed and at your own pace, or you can jump straight into your first job with confidence.

The boys that help out darren are great also. There always at hand if your having a little trouble with something. GOOD ON YOU BOYS!!!

I strongly recommend this course to anyone if your serious about tiling!!

THANX AGAIN TO EVERYONE AT NETT!!!

Enzo!!

M

MAKAM PETE

Hi just completed the course last week, also did the natural stone. It was a fantastic course, I have only did DIY tiling and basically didn't do that good of a job. I didn't realise how much prep and knowledge went into tiling but i doo now thanks to Darren and Tracey. I am hoping to be self-employed in the next few weeks, got appointment with the BIC today and business link tomorrow so fingers crossed. Worked in factories for last 14 years and need a change and want to be in control of my own future. Once again thanks to Darren and Tracey for their support and excellent course.

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks