Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. Underfloor Heating by uHeat

Discuss UFH under limestone tiles advice in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. somerset77

somerset77 Active Member

We are going to lay limestone, 15mm in the kitchen 40m2 on a concrete floor. What is the best way to do UFH?

Initially we looked at using warmup sticky matts with 10mm insulation boards and then flex adhesive for the tiles . In reading this forum i understand there is still a risk of cracked tiles. should we use an additional decoupling membrane on top of the electric mat. I want to get it right before the tiles go down.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Tom Astley

Tom Astley Professional Tiler

Insulation boards, electric cable, SLC to encapsulate the cable then a decoupler then lay limestone with a suitable flexible adhesive. If you can afford an S2 type then use one of those.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. hmtiling

hmtiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Insulation, heat mat, latex, decoupler and tile. Or insulation, ditra heat or vario pro or others, latex or not depending on system and tile.
    Id use the first method for two reasons. Firstly, if a tile is ever damaged its easier to remove and not damage cable if latex is used. Secondly, I like to have the stat probe in conduit so if that ever fails can be easily replaced

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. hmtiling

hmtiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

As above for adhesive in white

• Like Like x 1
  5. somerset77

somerset77 Active Member

Great thanks.
    I recieved a quote from uheat for Electric mats, how do they compare to warmup, prowarm in terms of quality and performance?. The 'noisy flashy' brands are not always the best. Its difficult to work out for a novice. Cheers

6. macten

macten Professional Tiler

Can't fault uheat and their heatbase decoupling mat would be perfect for that job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Simon Dale

Simon Dale Professional Tiler

I would use Vario pro ! No limits for adhesive bed , within reason. Cant wait for the feedback Lol

8. somerset77

somerset77 Active Member

Thanks, I have had a look at the Vario Pro and then also the DCM pro. Installation of this type of system looks more straight forward than the sticky heat matt method.
    From the two it appears the DCM pro would be cheaper to install, with the pro mats having a sticky side which would do away with expensive adhesive layer.

Any one got thoughts on the two?
    There also seems to be a price range of thermal boards, any recommendations?