Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss UFH in wetroom in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Ay up chaps
Just re-doing one of bathrooms in my own house and just wanted to pick your brains for a moment.
I've ripped all old floor boards up and installed 25mm plywood screwed every 100mm with 70mm screws....solid...
I plan on installing EUFH in the room and the wet area and plan on doing it as following, would appreciate comments or issues that may arise.
Fit 10mm Insulation board with keraquick and latex additive including mechanical fixing(would you do fixings when https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ wet or when set.
Install UFH and screed over with Mapei renovation screed say 5mm thick.
Tank wet areas with Aqua defence and Mapei band.
Install ditra with keraquick and latex over all floor area including wet area.
Install 600x600 porcelain with keraquick.
Now I've done this 100's of times over the years except for the UFH in the wet area but as with everything I do in my own home I seem to lose confidence in myself and wether I am doing things wright for some reason....don't know why.
Would appreciate thoughts please.

Thanks Paul.

J

J Sid

have you primed the underside and edges of your ply?
I always fit / screw insulation board when wet, tape joints
personally I wouldn't Ditra but would use impey water guard over the whole area / room turned up the wall.

OP
AD Ceramics

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
have you primed the underside and edges of your ply?
I always fit / screw insulation board when wet, tape joints
personally I wouldn't Ditra but would use impey water guard over the whole area / room turned up the wall.
Yeah all primed...is the Impey just your preference? I've always done ditra over UFH no matter what tile I have installed. And in wet area like and extra protection.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
In your case I would do one of the following.
Like you say, insulation boards onto primed ply. Screw it while laying, or after. But don't forget to screw down , like I did.
As your using insulation boards , I would use a wet room former, like wedi, marmox etc and use insulation boards on the walls too in the wet area ( moisture resistant plasterboard is fine for nine wet areas) my preferred tanking for insulation boards is ardex wp. It, in my Veiw, is far better than the emulsion paint type tanking. Tape all joints,and cover with tanking, including screws. As the insulation boards have a degree of de coupling, I would not bother with ditra.
Prime the floor to adhere the underfloor element and cover with self level. I try and talk customers out of having heat in the shower, because for one it can dry out dark Matt tiles out before its cleaned properly and stain with soap scum, body fats etc. Also self level is prettily useless in the tray!
If you are adamant to have heat in there. Don't go too near the trap, to avoid it evaporating the trap. And use addy to cover the wires.
Then tile as. Normal.
Other than that aqua4ma is a really easy system to fit. The tray floor and walls are of the same waterproof material and there is no restrictions on tile sizes.
Obviously scluter make a cracking product. But I haven't fitted any yet, so can't comment.
Hope this helps

Reply to UFH in wetroom in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock