Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss UFH Floor tiler needed near Liverpool in the Tilers: find tiling jobs listed here area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Darren Jones

Darren Jones Active Member

County:
    Merseyside
    Total Size of Area to be Tiled:
    77m
    Tile Size(s):
    60x60
    Tiles / Adhesive / Grout Purchased?:
    No
    Wall and Floor Tiling Job in Merseyside

I am looking for a floor tiler in the Liverpool/Widnes area (Hale Village) that can tile a larger 70+m2 floor area.
    I want someone that has previously tiled over Wundafloor underfloor heating.
    This is a wet UFH system that uses foam backed boards laid over timber floors.
    They have a couple of recommended methods for tiling and details can be passed to anyone interested.

If you'd like to quote for this tiling job in Merseyside then please contact the member who posted the job directly. If you'd like to generally ask questions about the job, please feel free to reply to this thread, as the extra details may help others work out whether the job is suitable for them or not.

TilersForums.co.uk recommends getting three tilers in to quote for all tiling jobs, and to check references from previous customers for each. Then customers need to make their own mind up as to who is best for them.

DO NOT REPLY WITH PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESSES OR PHONE NUMBERS - SHARE THOSE VIA THE FORUM MESSAGING SYSTEM INSTEAD. POSTS WITH SUCH DETAILS RISK BEING EDITED OR REMOVED
  2. Localtiler

Localtiler Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Hi, be very careful tiling over that system!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Darren Jones

Darren Jones Active Member

Can you elaborate? I believe the system is designed to be tiled directly over.
    Have you done this before?

4. Localtiler

Localtiler Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Do a search on here for the subject Darren there has been a lot of issues and doubts about it. I personally haven't tiled over one and I wouldn't do either as for me it's too risky.