Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Two separate shower traps? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Currently doing a few bathrooms in a high end new build, and the water pressure and flow rate are both very high, and the customer is adamant he wants the showers as powerful as can be... my concern is that if I screed in only a single waste, its not going to cope, ive seen a few companies do double or triple traps on one waste, but has anyone ever put two separate wastes in one wet room?

W

Waluigi

Just to add, calculate the flow rate of your showers vs the flow rate of your traps. Some traps are better than others at letting water pass through them quickly

OP
Cranbrook

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just to add, calculate the flow rate of your showers vs the flow rate of your traps. Some traps are better than others at letting water pass through them quickly
Unfortunately the showers aren't in yet so it's a bit of educated guess work at present :weary:

W

Waluigi

Just had a quick look at some wastes- ranges between 40 to 60 litres per minute on the couple I looked at.

60 litres.........That’s a lot of water.

W

WetSaw

All depends on whether you're using formers or trays and what your options for traps are. 50mm pipe will obviously have more flow than 40mm and if you can run 2 separate ones to the soil stack ( not 2 into 1 before the stack) even better.

OP
Cranbrook

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
All depends on whether you're using formers or trays and what your options for traps are. 50mm pipe will obviously have more flow than 40mm and if you can run 2 separate ones to the soil stack ( not 2 into 1 before the stack) even better.
Yeah I can run two straight in to the stack and that's my current thought, I'm going to screed the trap/traps in

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The traps ability to get rid if waste is not just down to pipe size. It also depends on the trap entry not becoming air locked. I found this when I installed my own shower. I put a standard floor waste in with a 50mm pipe outlet yo a shallow p trap. It kept bunging up because the shower out water ok top faster than the it could get into the trap entry thus air locking and overflowing. I ended up changing the trap to one called a fast glow trap which as the water enters the trap it creates like a vortex stopping any air lock. Now works a treat.my shower is rated at 40litres a minute when on the pump...

Q

Qwerty

As Alan says above, a fast flowing trap is all that is required. Are you running a combination boiler or conventional tank & cylinder?

OP
Cranbrook

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Its an unvented system (two boilers in a low loss header system. I don't think a fast flowing trap will be sufficient given the flow rate, so I think I'm gonna screed in two separate drains and run separate 40mm waste

Reply to Two separate shower traps? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock