Discuss Trim for tiled wall corner - which type? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mossop

What type of tile trim would be required for the vertical corner edge shown in red below?

Would it be this type?
http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod4367/internal-cove-white-6mm.html

upload_2017-11-26_23-28-43.png

upload_2017-11-26_23-29-1.png

O

Old Mod

If that angle is obtuse as it looks in your sketch it’s a simple fix.
Just come halfway down the edge of the tile and undercut it by about 45 degrees, that should bring the front edges close enough together for a grout joint, if not, come a little closer toward the front face.

M

Mossop

If that angle is obtuse as it looks in your sketch it’s a simple fix.

Yes, maybe 135 degrees.

Just come halfway down the edge of the tile and undercut it by about 45 degrees, that should bring the front edges close enough together for a grout joint, if not, come a little closer toward the front face.

When you say halfway down the edge, do you mean in a fashion as indicated by the red line on the sketch below? BTW, it's a metro tile.
upload_2017-11-27_8-42-9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

Yes, maybe 135 degrees.

When you say halfway down the edge, do you mean in a fashion as indicated by the red line on the sketch below? BTW, it's a metro tile.
View attachment 95273
Yes that’s the idea. If it’s a metro, then you may be able to achieve it with a rubbing block on the biscuit rather than having to use a grinder.
Just take enough to achieve your desired result but you won’t have to mitre as such.

M

Mossop

If it’s a metro, then you may be able to achieve it with a rubbing block on the biscuit
I'm not a professional tiler, so unfortunately I'm not familiar with the terminology. Would you possibly explain biscuit in this context?

I searched online but seemed to be getting references to biscuit coloured tiles.

Reply to Trim for tiled wall corner - which type? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks