Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Transition from old house to extension in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Dave_l

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Morning guys,

I've tried searching and I've not found quite what I'm looking for. This may have also been better in the underfloor heating section.

Bit of background, not a tiler....but used the forum to completely rip out and replace my bathroom including ufh.

As much as I'd love to be able to afford someone to do it unfortunately I can't so if I can manage I'll have to do the work.

I have ripped out the kitchen and utility in my house, down to the concrete, the kitchen is an extension and you can see where the old wall used to be through to the new part. I want to use electric ufh.

Will I be okay to use insulation boards (flexible https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/) , ufh cable, then slc again flexible. I'll be using the lvt rather than porcelain just so it's a bit softer for the kiddies.

Thanks in advance.
Dave

OP
F

Flintstone

Ahh. The process is the same but go for 150w kit, no lower. And you need to cover the wires wth slc at a depth of 10mm. I think you need to use 2 part leveller but i could be wrong on that.
The underfloor heating store sell everything, worth calling them to check there advice

OP
F

Flintstone

Any photos of the transition area from old to new floor, is this extension new

OP
D

Dave_l

The extension is about 20 years old, built just after the house, but due to the house heating system there is no rad so can be cold.

So I would assume the chances of movement / settling are slim to none after this amount of time. I'll call them now. Thanks

1495441396208405687218.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh. The process is the same but go for 150w kit, no lower. And you need to cover the wires wth slc at a depth of 10mm. I think you need to use 2 part leveller but i could be wrong on that.
The underfloor heating store sell everything, worth calling them to check there advice
And so do www.uheat.co.uk our forum sponsors.

Reply to Transition from old house to extension in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock