Discuss Tough-X vs Kaskade former in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stuart

Hi,

I'm refitting a small bathroom as a wet room and have a choice to make between the Kaskade and Tough-X 1200x900 formers.

I've stripped floor boards for the tray and added supporting noggins already. The rest of the floor is 22mm chipboard, which I'll be over boarding with 6mm No More Ply boards.

I can either use the Kaskade tray, which is 28mm, or the Tough-X which is 22mm and lay 6mm No More Ply on top of the joists under the tray to bring it level.

Any opinions on these options? Or does anyone have any particularly good or bad experiences with either if these former trays?

The Tough-X would be slightly cheaper, as I already have a waste and tiling adapter that I think will fit from an AKW Tuff Form. But I'd rather go with the better option than save a few quid.

Any opinions gratefully received.

T

Time's Ran Out

As a tiler I just tile what's there!
However I'd want the most secure as possible so the thicker would be my choice with plenty of underneath support.
But if you ask on the Plumbers forum they may have a keener interest in the benefits of each.
Of course we have a number of bathroom fitters on here who will no doubt provide a point of opinion to help.

S

Stuart

What are you doing for tanking?
I think that question has made my decision for me!
As I need to overboard anyway, I think Using No More Ply, with Mega Strength adhesive and taping over joins, then priming with SBR (This is the recommended approach on the Kaskade Wetrooms website).
So if I'm going to do that, I guess using the Kaskade tray and following their recommendations to the letter is the best way forward.

Reply to Tough-X vs Kaskade former in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks