Discuss Topps Trade multi mixer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Prem Tiler

Review of the Topps Trade multi purpose mixer.

£79.99 retail
£59.99 full topps trade

mixer 005.jpg

Today I started a 10m2 conservatory that will incorporate underfloor heating from www.uheat.co.uk of which I intend to over level with a self levelling compound.

To do this I thought its about time I stopped being a tight wad and buy an electric mixer rather than hammering my corded drill. So because I was starting the job today I popped down to my local Topps Tiles to see what they had in stock.

They only sell one mixer and that’s the ‘Topps trade multi purpose mixer’. It look like an over sized drill with an extra handle which could almost be an after thought. But saying that, other than the support handle it appears to be very sturdy and well made.

The mixing paddle screws straight in to the motor without the use of Allen keys or other unnecessary extra bits to lose. It dose however have a splash guard which I shall cover later.

mixer 004.jpg mixer 006.jpg

So, in to the cauldron goes the kereaquick and water. I plug the mixer in and pull the safety locking trigger that pretty much comes as standard on all power tools today. And noting!! Then slowly slowly she starts to rotate. Brilliant I think, they have put a delay on the revs to prevent little accidents.

mixer 001.jpg

Once its up and running at full speed I notice a huge H&S issue. The so called ’splash guard’ was spinning at about 2000 RPM all of 3 inches form my man hood. So I stopped it and took it straight off. I may be a father of one already but that don’t mean I want to keep it at that.

mixer 007.jpg

Off we go again. As I dipped the paddle in to the mixture I was expecting the motor to weaken like my old drill used to but I was pleasantly surprised that it kept going well. Within seconds my adhesive was well mixed and I was ready to get going.

So to summarise. The motor was well up to the job. But it was let down but a small safety issue. I has a dodgy plastic handle but it don’t really affect the use. And as far as value for money, very good I think.

mixer 002.jpg

Motor 9/10
Build 5/10
accessories 5/10
VFM 9/10
Over all 7/10

Attachments

• mixer 003.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 250

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looked at them...........but went to Toolstation and ended up with a high torque cheapo drill for £30

W

White Room

I've got one of those once, sounds like the gearbox is about to blow...Eibenstock now far better quality.

Reply to Topps Trade multi mixer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks