Discuss Topps Tiles Ergo Manual Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stef

I will enter the debate.
I saw the cutter in Topps, looks ok, but I would opt for a push cut Sigma if I was looking for a new cutter.
Having used Rubi for years & then jumped ship to Sigma I think that the Sigma is the best all rounder I've used, still own a Rubi & Tomecanic.
Once you get used to lining up your marks on a tile with the single bar in the way you will be flying.
I have still to use a tile that the Sigma wont cut, I've cut Gulf Stone Quartz that you shouldn't be able to do with a manual cutter.

O

Old Mod

I will enter the debate.
I saw the cutter in Topps, looks ok, but I would opt for a push cut Sigma if I was looking for a new cutter.
Having used Rubi for years & then jumped ship to Sigma I think that the Sigma is the best all rounder I've used, still own a Rubi & Tomecanic.
Once you get used to lining up your marks on a tile with the single bar in the way you will be flying.
I have still to use a tile that the Sigma wont cut, I've cut Gulf Stone Quartz that you shouldn't be able to do with a manual cutter.
Got to admit, not that I ever got involved in this debate,
Having been using a sigma recently, (borrowed) it'll be the next slide cutter I buy.
The success rate with cuts feels much higher, I say feels cos I feel more confident it'll do what I ask of it.
If that makes any sense. :confused:
Still not 100% at ease with it, but I'm happily taking 20-30mm rips off a 1200 tile, full length!
And rather than crossing my fingers and expecting a 50/50 cut rate,
I'm getting irritated if the cuts shears off, cos I know it can do it with ease.
It's just my lack of experience that lets the cutter down.
It's just a bloody lump of a thing when u have to carry it up and down stairs every day! Haha

S

Stef

Yeah my 3e3m is a brute of a thing to carry but as you say you can knock a 20mm slither off of a 1200 tile with it.
I've got 4 Sigmas now & wouldn't be without them.
This was a 50mm rip from a 1200 plank then cut the 50mm rip in half with ease but i struggled then to cut the 25mm rip in half.
Not bad going though.

image.png image.png image.jpeg

O

Old Mod

The blue support arms @Stef, are they extendable on your model? That would be better.
Tbh I'm still trying to get to grips with model types. I believe I've found 2-3 1280mm cutters, and the only difference I've been able to see from images is an extra support at opposite end to the back fence.
Oh plus one model is 5-6kg lighter, so I'm still a little confused on which is what! Haha
I confuse fairly easily if I don't see something with straight lines!:confused:
Yeah I know, just like my work! :)
So any advice or education on the subject would be gratefully received. ;)

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Hey Marc. I'm the same as you with the models. I believe there is a fair amount of difference in the breaking pressure between them. With the max giving the greatest. But then you can interchange most handles. It's a shame the Sigma rep isn't still on here. I for one could do with a heads up on them. I need a 1200 cutter for a job in a few weeks time.

O

Old Mod

Hey Marc. I'm the same as you with the models. I believe there is a fair amount of difference in the breaking pressure between them. With the max giving the greatest. But then you can interchange most handles. It's a shame the Sigma rep isn't still on here. I for one could do with a heads up on them. I need a 1200 cutter for a job in a few weeks time.
Yeah with u there Paul,
@Sigma UK are still registered, not been on since May 2015 tho.
image.png

I

Italy

Sì ho capito, grazie.
the max. specification for materials. structured.
the wheel (Widia). it moves. up and down. copy the surface. rough tile.
max the maximum length 151 cm.
klick klock maximum length 128 cm

L

LM

Hi Marc, what Antonio is try ing to explain is that on the max series you push away from yourself to score the tile, then draw the handle back to about 10-15mm from the edge closest to the bar then lift the handle up and a spring mechanism will flick the breaker down then you break the tile the same way as you would with the traditional pull handle. with the klick klock its the same scoring procedure as the max but the handle has a hindge on it just above the main rail, which you then lift up and judge the breaking pressure yourself by pressing down on the tile after you've scored it, again 10-15mm from the edge.
Pull handle for speed
Klick klock handle slower but better at breaking tougher tiles (plus less sore on the wrist be cause of the reverse scoring act)
Max handle for the toughest of tiles, which its great for.

Reply to Topps Tiles Ergo Manual Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks