Discuss Topps tiles are just the pits in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Well what a frustrating annoying week dealing with guys from topps tiles that sell tiles at extortionate prices that are just not up to scratch I pity the general public that purchase tiles and feel bitterly disappointed

IMG_4945.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Were the batch numbers the same? Why was it a mission trying to deal with the staff? Surely they'd have seen that and just took the tiles back and gone to their suppliers to complain.

If it was a mission dealing with them, I'm kinda thinking they were saying the batch labels are different maybe and them arguing that's down to the tiler?

Might be wrong.

Shocking if they're marked as the same batch! Because they are for sure not!

Reaction score
Variation

Variation.jpeg
Without knowing the exact tiles the manufacturer may have produced these as a V2 V3 or V4
If these are classed as V1 then they have been supplied with different batch numbers
Were the tiles all bought at the same time ?
If the tiles were purchased at different times and you have not specified batch and caliber numbers then i could see how this could happen
If the tiles were purchased and collected at the same time then the stock at the shop has been all batched together
If the tiles had to be ordered in from supplier or Topps warehouse then the person picking the order they did not have enough stock to fulfil order from one batch so used what was available

D

Dumbo

I have in the past . I also object to the quality if their tiles for the prices they charge .
20170426_151102.jpg
An example £44 psqm

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Last year my customer came back from Topps Portsmouth with 6 boxes of floor tiles. Upon checking the batch numbers I found 4 different batch numbers. The tiles were black and the differences were very obvious. I rang Topps and they said that this has happened because their policy states a customer can return unused boxes. Therefore, my 6 boxes were made up of customer returns. No apology. Customer took the boxes back and chose a different tile.

Reply to Topps tiles are just the pits in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks