Discuss Tool modifications - post your tips here ....... in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

What I have noticed in the past when putting levelling compound in fairly thick is that when running a spike roller through it can push some of the levelling along in front of the roller like a bow wave . I guesed this is to do with the spikes being to close together so today i took an old spike rollet apart and broke the centre out of half the spike rings and put itback together with half the spikes only . Got to say it work a treat .

I

Italy

What I have noticed in the past when putting levelling compound in fairly thick is that when running a spike roller through it can push some of the levelling along in front of the roller like a bow wave . I guesed this is to do with the spikes being to close together so today i took an old spike rollet apart and broke the centre out of half the spike rings and put itback together with half the spikes only . Got to say it work a treat .
I did not understand what you did ...
but it does not matter....
the thread is ok :)

I

Italy

I removed every other row of spikes from my spike roller
I almost understood,
but the photos help.
upload_2019-1-23_17-32-45.jpeg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had this happen to me only yesterday!

Will strip mine down and have a go on the next one.

O

Old Mod

Dragging the slc with spike roller normally happens if you try to move it too quickly in my experience.
Or if it’s starting to go off.

F

Flintstone

I fully understand your problem, if your using it on a deep pour say 20mm, it's so thick that the roller drags instead of rolls. I've took a few off my roller but at the ends to help it spin more freely .

D

Dumbo

Dragging the slc with spike roller normally happens if you try to move it too quickly in my experience.
Or if it’s starting to go off.
Def not going off and yes I agree on speed . It was a 2 part so correct ratios and i did slow it down and still had bow wave effect but not so bad .

Reply to Tool modifications - post your tips here ....... in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks