Discuss To Tile or not to Tile... (myself) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

Unused Account 1

Once youve set out,get a few course fixed level both ways ,then you hav something to work off

Reaction score
Hi Josh and welcome. I wouldn't waste money on a grout protector with a dark coloured grout: only bother if you use a pale colour to prevent it getting discoloured. Good luck with your setting out and marking and remember to take your time, keep checking your measurements and don't forget to include the grout lines in your calculations.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
I also am DIY but have done quite a lot of tiling as a DIYer I have used sealer in the past and seems to do a good job, water beads up on the grout. But I did a kitchen with Tilemaster 3000 grout and the sealer would not touch the grout it just sat there and beaded up so looks like the 3000 grout already has great waterproofing.
In that 3x3 kitchen + small extra area I left a 3-5mm gap and rather than use grout I opted to a (near as )matching silicone, I would of had the skirting off but it was my daughters new build and she was not keen so they were left on. - picture
floor-6-jpg.96890

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Reply to To Tile or not to Tile... (myself) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks