Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tired water damaged grout in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

R

robbieraven

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just been on a grout clean-up job and failed horribly. Bathroom is about 9 years old so wasn't expecting too much, they are slate effect porcelain on an Impey deck, not sure what the grout is. I'm under the impression this is beyond clean-up, just wanted to check what you guys thought. I used some Grout deep clean but it didn't make any impression on it at all! I suspect it's not really dirt but more limescale.

Thoughts

Cheers
IMG_0308.JPG
IMG_0308.JPG

OP
O

One Day

Clean it, dry it, and saturate the grout with a colour enhancing sealer.
It will look great (for a while)

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi , If you have degreased the area with an alkaline cleaner that is perfect to start, it will leave you with generally calcium / salt based residues.
As you said limescale, I would be carefully with a strong scale remove ,
Use ( test) a specific ceramic tile scale remover, we have ceramic clean
Test at 1-1 or as stated
Pre wet the joints first
Apply and scrubb with a stiff brush and white pad
Rinse and re apply if required
Watch you grout colour , you do not want to burn this white

Reply to Tired water damaged grout in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock