Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Time to lay anti fracture mat in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. RicoBarry

RicoBarry Active Member

I’m trying to find out out how long it should take to lay Tilemaster antifracture mat.
    The area is 80m2 and has been levelled with self levelling compound.
    Many thanks

2. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

4 rolls, so if it's an open area, maybe 2 hours.
    If it's all ins and outs, multi room - perhaps all day.

If you've never fitted TM mat before, maybe even longer!

Or are you a customer "checking out" a quote?!

3. RicoBarry

RicoBarry Active Member

Hi
    I’m a customer trying to work out why it has taken so long to lay and stick down. Unfortunately I am away with work a lot and can’t see what’s going on. But 5 days to prep!!! Bearing in mind 2 of them self levelled the 80m2 in 3 hours beforehand. (On a Saturday when I was around).
    Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    Many thanks

4. pdc

pdc Unbelievably boring.. Professional Tiler

Can you describe the job from the beginning so we get the full picture.

5. RicoBarry

RicoBarry Active Member

Thanks for getting back to me.
    House being renovated, UFH and screed on top, followed by self levelling compound and the anti fracture mat. 5 x £xxx to lay the mat alone! Is the bill that’s come in.
    £xxx for 2 x 3 hours to lay the self levelling compound.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018
  6. impish

Did you have a written quotation agreed before they started? If not, it sounds like you need a clear and honest discussion before they carry on - for the sakes of everyone involved.
    I can't comment on prices in the open forum, but it does look like they've made a good job of the prep, which usually bodes well for the end result.

7. RicoBarry

RicoBarry Active Member

Written quote for laying tiles bu

8. RicoBarry

RicoBarry Active Member

Written quote for laying the tiles but a day rate for prep. I know you can’t talk prices but it shouldn’t take 5 days, should it?

9. impish

Without knowing exactly what was done, it's not fair to say a definite no. But assuming it was straightforward, I'd expect to install that amount of mat, on my own, in two days max.

But we've all turned up to jobs where everything needs moving, other trades leave muck all over the floor, water wasn't available, etc etc...

What are they saying to justify 5 days?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Professional Tiler TTA Member

Maybe im slow compared to
    I would allow 2 days I work on about 5metres an hour for matting although not had much experience with tilemaster .

11. impish

It's not the easiest to install. In fact it's pretty horrible, but assuming it's prepared well, comb and roll... Its four 20m rolls. I see they've used sheets which would be slower in any case...

12. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Professional Tiler TTA Member

I was wondering about that not being familiar with tm antifracture was thinking have they cut into short lengths for some reason .

13. Localtiler

Localtiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

2 days for me as well to lay that, but like impish said, it depends on the situation, the work environment, the amount of other stuff that have had to do before they can lay the mat, etc. Are you sure there isn’t some crossed wires ?

14. hmtiling

hmtiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Is this 5 days with 2 people?

15. RicoBarry

RicoBarry Active Member

Hi thanks for all your responses.
    House and floor was completely clear, no other trades and no other reasons for delay.
    Thanks for the info, seems most of you are all in line with 2 days.
    It was over 3 days, with 1 tiler working on prep for all 3 days and the other for 2 days (5 in total).