Discuss Timber Floor Not Level in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

JMTile

I have Tiled a small bathroom Floor, it is running out of level by about 2 inches. I decided to follow the floor, but the bath panel is now showing that its not level. Should I have made it level and then leave the customer with a 2 inch step up/ dot and dab the tiles as the floors so out or tell the customer it couldn't be helped as their floor was so out!
Any advice would be Great!!

B

Bill

It depends which way the floor is sloping........ if you need to make up the floor at door end then your 6'6" owner might not be too happy............

J

JMTile

Floor is sloping towards the door. Customer is not happy because she thinks water will go under the gap from the bath panel to the floor?

B

Bill

Is it a new suite? ... Did the plumber not tell her that the floor was that far out of level and does the water from the toilet overspill the brim?

J

JMTile

Its a bathroom refurbishment here are the photos..

bath1.jpg bath2.jpg bath3.jpg bath4.jpg bath5.jpg

J

JMTile

By the time it got to the door it was. The customer is refusing to pay because of this now so any advice would be great.. other than quit lol

H

hmtiling

Not much you can do now barring rip it up and level the floor. You may have to go down that road if they're not paying for any work done.

J

JMTile

Its not just the floor/ cement board she is not paying for its the whole 28m2 that I have supplied materials for.

H

hmtiling

If you didn't point out the floor and give the option to level it you're gonna have to rip it up. Bad times!

J

JMTile

No just the gap between the bath panel and the floor tiles. But has decided not to allow me back to rectify or pay.

Reply to Timber Floor Not Level in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks